Hi there, I’m Becca Feeken with Amazing Paper Grace and I’m here today to talk about one of the craft items we collect. Well, we all have it, drawers full of it — in every color, in every style, in every width. What is ‘it’? It’s Washi Tape! I’ll admit it, I’m a bit of a washi addict. I have enough washi to last a life time. As a collector, though, I’m always challenged with ways to use it on my card. Well no more! Washi tape is a perfect embellishment on framed cards. With the use of the S6-112 Graceful 6 x 6 Frame Maker – you can be rocking a washi embellished frame in no time flat!
It’s so easy, so hold on and I’ll show you how!
1. Start out with a 6-1/2″ cream card base and layer with a 6-1/4″ gold matting layer and 6″ cream layer.
2. Cut a 6″ square piece of card stock with the S6-112 Graceful 6 x 6 Frame Maker giving you 4 triangles. Together, cut the tip of the group of triangles off so that you are left with 1-3/4″ depth.
3. Emboss each of the four pieces with SES-001 Overlapping Circles Embossing Folder.
4. Tape all four pieces together on the back to create a mitered frame layer. Stamp sentiment on 4 x 4″ panel and attach directly to card before attaching frame layer with foam tape.
5. Cut four 1-1/8″ strips of gold paper. Adhere washi tape centered down the length of each strip.
6. Paste all four strips onto the S6-112 Graceful 6 x 6 Frame Maker taking care to place words in the position and orientation desired. Run through using PE-100 Platinum™ 6 Die Cutting And Embossing Machine – 6″ Platform to cut all four borders at the same time.
7. Add a header to the frame by trimming a length of the Arched Border from S4-704 Graceful Sweet Words. Finish with pearls, ribbon and a bow.
So that’s the formula! Today I’m using the words You Can Do Amazing Things but can’t you just imagine of the dreamy floral patterns or some of the fun watercolored motifs?
- S4-704 Graceful Borders Graceful Sweet Words
- S6-112 Graceful 6 x 6 Frame Maker
- SES-001 Overlapping Circles Embossing Folder
- PE-100 Platinum™ 6 Die Cutting And Embossing Machine – 6″ Platform
- T-001 Tool ‘N One™
Other Products Used:
Neenah Classic Crest – Natural White – Cover – 80lb Smooth, Gold Foil Poster Board, 3M Foam Tape, Score Board, Ruler, Paper Trimmer, Ribbon, Pearls, Versamark Ink Pad, Gold Embossing Powder
Her passion for die-cutting began in early 2000 and today motivates her to encourage others in gift making, nurturing faith, creating legacy and giving.
As a licensed die and stamp designer for Spellbinders, her sweetly recognizable designs continue to impact the industry.