Hello friends! Today I have these candy baskets to share with you created with Spellbinders Floral Picnic Basket die set from my Special Occasions Collection. These baskets are so easy to make, all you need is a couple of brads to assemble the basket, no glue, no tape, just 2 brads! The flowers and leaves are also layered together with a brad. These baskets also make great party favors for baby showers, bridal showers and birthday parties.
Floral Picnic Basket Die Set:
1. Die cut basket and handle with Floral Picnic Basket die set from designer cardstock of your choice.
2. Fold basket at scored lines created by the die. Then, color the edges of the basket and handle with distress ink and sponge dauber.
3. Die cut multiple flowers and leaves with dies provided in the die set. Next, color them with distress ink.
4. Layer 2 flowers and one set of leaves and secure with a brad.
5. To assemble basket with a brad, first pass brad through hole in the triangle, next pass brad through holes in the rectangular strips going from left to right until all 6 pieces and triangle are all held together with the brad. You can now attach the handle before securing the brad. Repeat on the other side of basket.
6. Attach flowers to handle and sides of the basket as pictured and then fill baskets with candy.
Other Supplies: Maja Design – Summer Time Paper Collection, Maja Design – Vintage Spring Basics, green cardstock, brads, glue.
My new collection of die set designs called “Celebrate the Day” has just released!! You can see 10 new die sets by going to the Spellbinders website HERE.
Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful weekend!
She lives in Los Angeles, CA with her husband of 35 years. They have two daughters and three grandkids. When she’s not in her craft room, she enjoys spending time with her family and friends, going to the beach, sewing, reading and cooking.
Latest posts by Marisa Job (see all)
- Sunflower Shaker Card - June 20, 2017
- Flower Tile Card featuring Celebrate the Day by Marisa Job - May 16, 2017
- Celebrate the Day with a Tea Light Box Tutorial - April 25, 2017