Watercolor is such a huge part of card making these days! Today Yana is sharing a birthday card using this trend in her background layered with Floral Trellis Etched Dies set from one of our Card Creator series. Read her quick step outs to achieve your own background…
- Blend several colors of Distress ink (Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, Wild Honey and Peacock Feathers) onto a piece of 4¼ x 5½ “ white cardstock. Add drops of water to activate the ink. Let dry and adhere onto an A2 top folding card base.
- Nest Floral Trellis Insert and Frame Dies together and secure with washi tape. Then cut and emboss out of white cardstock with Spellbinders® Platinum™ 6 Die Cutting and Embossing Machine to create the background die cut. Foam mount over the ink blended background.
- Heat emboss Birthday sentiment in white embossing powder onto white cardstock. Blend Spun Sugar Distress ink. Cut using Standard Circles SM Set Die #5 (the smallest size is #1). Use dimensional foam pads to adhere onto the card.
- Cut and emboss Green Thumb Set Garden Fork and Trowel Dies out of silver cardstock (cut handles out of pink cardstock). Adhere handles onto the tools. Tie pink bakers twine and adhere onto the card.
- Embellish with silver sequins.
S4-643 Floral Trellis Card Creator Etched Dies
S2-241 Die D-Lites Green Thumb Etched Dies
S4-116 Nestabilities Standard Circles SM Etched Dies
PE-100 Spellbinders® Platinum™ 6 Die Cutting and Embossing Machine
Birthday Sentiment (Simon Says Stamp – Birthday Balloons)
Embossing Ink Pad
White embossing powder
Distress Inks (Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, Wild Honey, Peacock Feathers)
White, Pink and Silver Cardstock
Ink Blending Tools
Dimensional Foam Pads
Latest posts by Yana Smakula (see all)
- How to Create with This Time Around Contour Steel Rule Die Video - May 4, 2017
- Create a Watercolor Floral Trellis Birthday Card - April 20, 2017
- Create an All Occasion Layered Card with Amazing Paper Grace Dies - April 13, 2017