Hi. Julia here. Today I’m sharing a Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) Tag featuring some Seth Apter stamps and dies.
Other Supplies :
Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) Tag, White Gesso, Distress Ink Pads, Jet Black Archival, White Chalk Paint, Black Card, Embossing Ink Pad, Clear Ultra Thick Embossing Powder, White American Seam Binding
1. Prime a Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) Tag with White Gesso. Once dry, apply Distress Inks in a couple of colours. I found that 2 coats gave a good coverage, drying the first coat before applying the second coat.
2. Spritz some water into your hand and ‘clap’ over the tag to make splats. Leave for a minute for the water to reveal the gesso below the Distress Ink and then blot off with a piece of kitchen roll.
3. Ink up one side of the French Text Stamp using Jet Black Archival and stamp down one side of the Tag.
4. Cut Robo Ring Die #3 (the smallest size is Die #1) out of Black Card twice and glue it onto the Tag as shown.
5. Ink all over the surface of the Tag with Clear Perfect Medium, add Clear Ultra Thick Embossing Powder and heat set using a low speed heat tool. Apply more ink and more powder and heat set again. Meanwhile, ink both of the stamps in the Turnarounds Set 2 Stamp Set with black ink and stamp into the Ultra Thick Powder while still molten.
6. Cut Drip Drop Die #1 out of Black Card and glue both pieces in place as shown.
7. Swipe some of the Distress Ink onto a Craft Sheet and mist with water.
8. Drag some American Seam Binding through the ink and dry with a heat tool. Thread through the hole in the tag.
I do hope that this project has inspired you. Please leave your comments below – I love to hear from you!
Thanks for stopping by.