Hello ! It’s Christina here and this month I would like to share a Holiday card with you using one of the new Die D-Lites from Spellbinders.
Distress Inks – Hickory Smoke
Glue pen and Glitter
1. With Die #7 (smallest size die is #1) from Matting Basics A cut two panels in white, using the Platinum™ machine.
2. Score and fold one about half an inch down, add glue and marry up the second piece to create the base.
3. With #7 from Matting Basics B cut one piece in grey.
4. With #6 from Matting Basics A cut another panel in white and emboss in your chosen folder.
5. Cut two of the skates and as many of the snowflakes as you would like
6. Ink through the die with Hickory Smoke Distress Ink before removing the card from the dies.
7. With your glue pen add some to the coloured areas on the skates and then sprinkle with fine glitter.
8. Using some grey thread and a needle add it to the lace holes on the skates and leave enough to hang the skates from the top of the card.
9. Use the same Hickory Smoke Ink to add colour around the edge of the grey panel and leave to dry.
10. Stamp the sentiment onto some white card.
11. Add the embossed panel to the inked panel and then layer both onto the base card with foam tape between the layers to add dimension.
12. Ink around the edges of the sentiment and add foam pads to the back
13. Add to the bottom of the card.
14. Add foam pads to the back of the skates and add them at different angels to the card.
15. Stretch the thread up to the top of the card and add a snowflake to the top to hold the thread in place.
16. Add diamante to each of the snowflakes and randomly dotted around the card front for added sparkle.
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and please visit my Blog at Flowers, Ribbons and Pearls for more ideas and inspiration
Bye for now