Hi there, Becca Feeken with Amazing Paper Grace here today to share a card that says what it means. A sweet word here and a sweet word there are always enough to make someones day!
I used the new Graceful Sweet Words border to do exactly that. By cutting with the Graceful 6 x 6 Frame Maker tool, I was able to arrange the words in the border to be front and center, framing my sentiment, and highlighting the word ‘Hugs’! Now, no one ever said that a frame has to be exactly identical on all four sides so today I show you how to change it up just a little bit by adding a sweet valance.
Let me show you how the card is made:
1. Start out with 6″ x 6″ Kraft Card Base.
2. Layer a 5-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ Vintage Pink panel on top of a 5-5/8″ x 5 5/8″ Pink Matting Layer using foam tape
3. Stamp sentiment on Design Paper cut to 5-1/4″ x 5-1/4″
4. Adhere stamped Design Paper on top of Vintage Pink Panel
5. Cut four borders from S4-704 Graceful Sweet Words and trim to 1.5″ from top.
6. Using S6-112 Graceful 6 x 6 Frame Maker, center the words hugs as shown.
7. Tape down border on all four sides then run through PE-100 Platinum™ 6 Die Cutting And Embossing Machine – 6″ Platform to cut all four borders at the same time.
8. Reassemble border right side down taping each miter. Adhere border to card with foam tape.
9. Emboss a cream panel using SES-007 Floral Embossing Folder.
10. Place S5-181 A2 Bracket Borders One diagonal across panel and cut, trim to 1.5″
11. Adhere A2 Bracket Borders One on top of S4-593 Art Deco – Deco Duality and trim ends.
12. Adhere panel to top of card and add ribbon.
One little border will wrap it all up with a hug! So there you have it!
Becca Feeken – www.amazingpapergrace.com
- S4-704 Graceful Borders Graceful Sweet Words
- S6-112 Graceful 6 x 6 Frame Maker
- S4-593 Art Deco – Deco Duality
- S5-181 A2 Bracket Borders One
- SES-007 Floral Embossing Folder
- PE-100 Platinum™ 6 Die Cutting And Embossing Machine – 6″ Platform
- T-001 Tool ‘N One™
- T-004 Magnetic Handy Mat
Other Products Used:
Quietfire Design Rubber Stamp, 3M Foam Tape, Score Board, Ruler, Paper Trimmer, Ribbon, Tulle Flowers, Pearls, Versafine Onyx Black Ink
Her passion for die-cutting began in early 2000 and today motivates her to encourage others in gift making, nurturing faith, creating legacy and giving.
As a licensed die and stamp designer for Spellbinders, her sweetly recognizable designs continue to impact the industry.
Latest posts by Becca Feeken (see all)
- Turn on Side, Cut on Fold, Rock a New Look - April 22, 2017
- Craft the Best Send-off with Little 10-Minute Baskets - April 15, 2017
- Beautiful Borders: Have it Your Way with Washi - April 8, 2017