Masculine Valentine’s Day cards are always hard to make, however this task becomes a lot easier if you pick a theme. Today I, Yana Smakula, wanted to share 3 ways you can use Spellbinders’ Camping Die D-Lites dies to create fun and unique Love cards for men!
Hover over the image below to see what I used in creating this card:
My first project, Wild About You, features repeat negative die cutting technique (check out this video tutorial or this one to see this technique in action). I die cut small and large trees repeatedly in a dark green cardstock panel and foam mounted my background onto kraft cardstock.
I wrapped vellum around the panel and created my focal point – a tent with some additional trees and a lantern.
My second project, Be Brave – Be Mine, All Mine, features a recessed die cut circle panel and a little scene. I also added a die cut moon and stars to fill the sky above my tent.
Finally my last project, Love You – Lets Hang Out is very simple. I added a die cut tent and several trees as well as a few lanterns.
These projects work great not only as Valentine’s Day cards, but as Birthday or simple Love You cards for guys.
Have fun crafting!
- S1-007 Die D-Lites Emojis Etched Dies
- S3-275 Die D-Lites Camping Etched Dies
- S4-114 Nestabilities Standard Circles LG Etched Dies
- PE-100 Platinum 6 Die Cutting And Embossing Machine – 6″ Platform
- T-001 Tool ‘N One
- T-004 Tool And Accessories Magnetic Handy Mat
- T-007 Foam Applicator – Circle For Tool ‘N One
- T-008 Circle Foam Refills For Tool ‘N One
White, kraft, light and dark green polka dot, silver and brown cardstock; vellum; natural twine; clear stamps (Hero Arts – Animal Messages; Avery Elle – Favorite Person; Altenew – You Are); white embossing powder; clear embossing ink; heat tool; fun foam; adhesive; corner rounder; Nuvo Drops in clear.
Latest posts by Yana Smakula (see all)
- How to Create with This Time Around Contour Steel Rule Die Video - May 4, 2017
- Create a Watercolor Floral Trellis Birthday Card - April 20, 2017
- Create an All Occasion Layered Card with Amazing Paper Grace Dies - April 13, 2017