Hi everyone, it is Christine here today with a fun home project using the beautiful Venetian Gatefold die set. This die set is wonderful for making cards and invitations but how about adapting it to make an elegant tea light holder? Use a safety battery tea light and perhaps make a selection of these for your dining table.
PL-001 Platinum™ Die Cutting and Embossing Machine
S5-271 Venetian Gatefold
S5-055 Layered Poinsettia
Cross Promotional Partners:
SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L®: Crafty Power Tape
Black and Red Cardstock
Silver Mirror Cardstock
2. This die creates an opening ‘gate/door’, as we need just the panels for this project, trim the side pieces with scissors or a paper trimmer.
3. Repeat this step until you have four trimmed panels.
4. Adhered all four panels in a row onto a strip of vellum.
5. For additional decoration die cut from silver mirror card the diamond section of the die and insert and affix these fall-out pieces into each aperture.
6. Place the entire strip onto a score board and score down each side of the panels to enable it to be folded into a square. Overlap and affix the corner fold with adhesive.
Add some silver ribbon and Layered Poinsettias for a festive look.
I hope you feel inspired to create today and thank you for stopping by the Spellbinders blog.
Latest posts by Christine Emberson (see all)
- Aren’t You Sweet Strawberry Pendant For Summer Fun - May 31, 2017
- Festive with Fabric - November 30, 2016
- Wild and Free Tribal Borders Card - October 26, 2016