Hello Spellbinders friends! It’s Judy with you, today to share a Framed Christmas Verse made with Cascading Grace dies. It makes such an elegant frame around this verse. Perfect to nestle with greenery and other holiday decor! The blue paper can be replaced with any color to fit your decorating theme.
Spellbinders Products Used:
Cross Promotional Products:
- DCWV – The Foiled Cardstock Stack
- DecoArt– Metallic Lustre Gold Rush; Media Fluid Acrylics Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide
- Faber Castell – Whipped Spackle; Gesso
- Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko – Versafine Onyx Black; Memento Luxe Peanut Brittle, Tuxedo Black
- May Arts Ribbon Gold Sheer
- Quietfire Design – May You Have the Gladness of Christmas
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L – Adhesive Sheets; Thin 3D Foam Squares Black; HomeHobby Premium Double-Sided Tape ¼”; 3D Foam Squares White
- Want 2 Scrap – Baby Bling Pearls LeCreme
- WorldWin Papers – Colormates Smooth: Black
Cardstock: Ivory, Blue; 5 x 7″ Canvas; Clear Embossing Powder; Foam Core Board; Gold Cord
- Use back side of canvas to make this frame. Apply Whipped Spackle to face and edges of canvas. Allow to dry.
Paint spackle with diluted Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide. Allow to dry or use heat gun to speed drying. Sponge on Memento Luxe Peanut Brittle and Tuxedo Black inks
Cut piece of foam core board to fit in opening (this fills space to bring verse closer to opening). Fasten in canvas with Premium Double-Sided Tape
Nest Spellbinders Cascading Grace #3, 4, 5 together. Use low tack tape to hold dies together. Place on blue card stock. Emboss only with Platinum Die Cutting and Embossing machine. Keep dies taped together when removing from paper.
Apply Adhesive Sheet to back of black card stock.
Place taped together Cascading Grace dies on black card stock. Cut and emboss with Platinum Die Cutting and Embossing machine.
Separate dies. Place outer frame #5 and inner frame #3 dies on embossed blue cardstock matching embossed pattern. Tape them in place with low tack tape. Cut with Platinum Die Cutting and Embossing machine.
(Since the blue paper was embossed with dies in same position as used to cut black card stock, the pieces will match exactly when layered together.)
- Cut and emboss Cascading Grace #2 from black card stock. Cut pattern ends off and discard center portion.
Apply Metallic Gold Lustre to black frame and small pieces. Buff with cloth to bring out shine.
Remove adhesive backing from black frame. Fasten over embossed blue piece.
Use Thin 3D Foam Squares to fasten small pieces behind frame at each end.
Cut piece of ivory card stock to fit in canvas opening. Mark center. Stamp verse with Black Onyx ink and heat emboss with clear embossing powder.
Lightly sponge on Peanut Brittle ink around verse.
Fasten verse to foam core in canvas with 3D Foam Squares (white).
Wrap sheer ribbon around each end of canvas and secure in place with Premium Double-Sided tape
Wrap gold cord over ribbon. Fasten with Premium Double-Sided Tape
Fasten frame to canvas with Thin 3D Foam Squares
Apply Metallic Lustre Gold Rush to pearls. Fasten to frame with glue. (Adhesive backing on pearls doesn’t stick well to Metallic Lustre)
I hope I’ve inspired you with a technique or idea to create your own one-of-a-kind home decor piece for your holiday decorating!
Wishing you all a blessed holiday season! And happy creating!