Hello Spellbinders’ fans! Welcome back to our Cardmaking Inspiration series! We hope you are enjoying these mini posts with simple cardmaking ideas and step by step instructions on how to make them!
This week we have lots of fabulous inspiration for you featuring our Inked Messages collection by Stephanie Low. This collection is about sending heartfelt messages to those we love. Its about keeping in touch and showing love to family and friends with romantic notes, encouraging words or even a sentiment to console. This collection expresses these feelings through Stephanies beautiful designs.
Today we are sharing a playful, even a bit flirty card featuring Stephanie’s Message In a Bottle set.
Project created by in-house creative designer Yana Smakula
Step By Step Instructions:
We have a full set of step by step instructions describing how to create this card.
- Stamp bottle image using alcohol marker friendly ink onto white alcohol marker friendly cardstock. Stamp bottle insert.
- Color image using Copic markers or other coloring medium you prefer. We used the following Copic marker colors: B000, B02, BG05; Y19, Y15.
- Die-cut bottle using a coordinating die.
- Cut black cardstock panel to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2″, make diagonal cut. Foam mount onto an A2 white top folding card base made out of white woodgrain cardstock.
- Foam mount bottle.
- Heat emboss “You Saucy Sailor” or any other suitable sentiment in white embossing powder onto black cardstock, cut into a strip. Adhere onto the bottle.
- Embellish card using Sparkling Clear sequins.
- SDS-145 Message in a Bottle
- PL-001 Platinum Die Cutting And Embossing Machine – 8.5″ Platform
- T-001 Tool ‘N One
White Cardstock (Neenah Solar White 110 LB); Black Cardstock; Woodgrain Cardstock (Simon Says Stamp); Intense Black Ink (Hero Arts); Foam Adhesive Squares (Scrapbook Adhesives); White embossing powder (Hero Arts); Clear Embossing ink; Heat Gun; Wink Of Stella Glitter Pen; Copic Markers – B000, B02, BG05; Y19, Y15; Clear stamp – Hello You (Simon Says Stamp – Cathy Zielske)
Thank you for joining us today, friends! We hope you like this project and will give this idea a try! If you do, please share your project photos on social media and tag us so we can see!
Have fun crafting!