Hello crafty friends! I’m Jean, a paper crafter living in the Pacific Northwest blogging at Right as Rain. I am thrilled to be on the Spellbinders blog today sharing two projects created with the Halloween Collection by Becca Feeken.
Halloween is one of my most favorite holidays. I love digging out the decorations of ghosts, hairy spiders, and witch’s cauldrons. With this collection, you can make a Spooky Cottage, as well as boo-tiful, Halloween-themed cards. Let’s take a look!
The Spooky Cottage can be created as a party favor, a gift box, a decorative item for the home, or as a project for children to assemble at a party and fill with treats.
Hosting a party at which children will decorate the boxes? Pre-cut the decorative elements and cottage bases ahead of time for easy assembly.
There are no rules when it comes to decorating the spooky cottage! I added purple to the traditional orange-and-black color scheme and die-cut decorative elements from shiny and glitter cardstock for textural interest.
- Cut cottage with a die in the Charming Cottage Box die set from purple paper twice.
- Cut the cottage roof with die in the Charming Cottage Box set from black glitter paper ten times.
- Add roof to cottage with glue. Overlap pieces. The lowest piece of the roof should be added first.
- Cut door with die in the Spooky Cottage set from shiny black cardstock. Back with orange cardstock. Adhere to cottage.
- Cut fence section twice with die in the Spooky Cottage set from shiny black cardstock. Adhere to cottage.
- Cut spider web with die in the Spooky Boo set from Black Licorice cardstock. Adhere to cottage.
- Cut two windows with die in the Spooky Cottage set from shiny black cardstock. Back with orange cardstock. Adhere to cottage.
- Assemble cottage with double-sided tape.
- Cut tree with a die in the Spooky Cottage; attach to cottage with foam adhesive.
- Cut mummy pieces from shiny black cardstock and metallic white cardstock with dies in the Spooky Cottage set. Adhere with glue. Attach to cottage with silver twine.
- Cut bats from glitter cardstock with dies in the Spooky Cottage and the Spooky Boo set; cut spider and cat from glitter cardstock with dies in the Spooky Boo Back cat’s eyes with green cardstock. Add bats, spider, and cat to cottage with foam adhesive.
Stampin’ Up shiny black cardstock; American Crafts black glitter cardstock; Echo Park purple cardstock; Stampin’ Up orange cardstock; metallic white cardstock; MFT green cardstock; double-sided tape; glue; foam adhesive; May Arts silver twine.
Boo Halloween Card
You can create a variety of Halloween-themed cards, to send to friends or as invitations to a party, with the Halloween Collection that includes the versatile Nested Clipped Squares set (which can be used for any occasion).
- With the largest die in the Nested Clipped Squares set, cut out a clipped square from the center of an A2-size piece of patterned paper to create a frame.
- Cut a smaller clipped square with die in the Nested Clipped Squares set from orange cardstock.
- Cut two spider webs with die in the Spooky Boo set from shiny black cardstock.
- Cut bats with dies in the Spooky Boo set and the Spooky Cottage set from black glitter paper.
- Cut “Boo” sentiment with die in the Spooky Boo set from gold glitter cardstock.
- Attach spider webs to the card front panel by taping webs from behind.
- Adhere orange square to center of another piece of Halloween-themed patterned paper, attached to an A2-size card base. Attach card front frame (with spider webs) to card base. Glue sentiment to orange square; attach bats with foam adhesive.
Halloween-themed patterned paper; Stampin’ Up shiny black cardstock; American Crafts black glitter cardstock; gold glitter cardstock; double-sided tape; foam adhesive; glue
I am delighted you stopped by to visit. I hope you’re inspired to create a Spooky Cottage and Halloween-themed cards with the Halloween Collection by Becca Feeken.