Hello, Spellbinders and FSJ friends! Yasmin here, sooner than you know it… Christmas season will be knocking at our doors so, today I’ll be sharing with you these 3 inspiration projects showcasing the new Yana’s Christmas Foiled Basics Collection.
To begin with, these projects are assuming that you already know how-to-foil with the glimmer hot foil system but, if for some reason you’re not familiar you can find many tutorials on Spellbinders YouTube Channel so with that said, start by setting the Glimmer Hot Foil System Platform and the Platinum 6 Die Cutting and Embossing Machine on the crafting table, and while the platform is heating up…
- Line up the Yana’s Christmas Foliage Background over a card panel.
- Cut a piece of Glimmer Hot Foil Roll – Prism.
- Secured the foil and glimmer plate with washi-tape or any low-tack tape.
So, once the platform is ready to foil, go ahead and get the background foiled on the first half of the card panel, and then, repeat the same step on the other side to get a full foiled background look. Thus, after the card panel is foiled, continue to assemble the card. To do that:
- Trim the edges off from the foiled card panel a bit smaller that the card base, and mount it to an A2 top folding white card base with craft foam tape to add dimension.
- Foil a circle using; Yana’s Christmas Foliage Circle Border and use one of the dies from the Nestabilities Standard Circles LG Etched Dies to die cut it out from the white cardstock, and then mounted the foil circle in the center of the card panel.
- Foil and die cut a sentiment using Yana’s Christmas Sentiments and Glimmer Hot Foil Roll – Champagne, and adhere it to the center of the circle.
- Foil and die cut foliage using Yana’s Christmas Organic Foliage, and mount each of them to create a cluster on 2 sides around the foiled circle.
- Finish the card off by gluing down jewels of your preference for a sparkling touch.
Merry and Bright
For the second example:
- Foil a white card panel twice using Yana’s Glimmer Gift Border and Glimmer Hot Foil Roll – Champagne.
- Add a pop of color to some of the foiled gifts using a color from your color combination.
- Foil more foliage, a sentiment and a circle using once again; Yana’s Christmas Sentiments, Yana’s Christmas Foliage Circle Border and Yana’s Christmas Organic Foliage.
Then, take a step further by adding a textured layer to the card just like I did for this example so, in this case I’m using Love Stripes Embossing Folder to add a simple dry emboss texture to the layer in between the card base and the focal point.
Finally, to assemble de card:
- Trim the edges off from the textured card panel to W 3-3/4 X H 5.0 inches.
- Mount the textured card panel to an A2 top folding white card base with craft foam to add dimension.
- Trim the edges off from the foiled background to W 3.0 X H 4-1/4, and adhere the backing of it with double-sided tape to the textured panel.
- Mount the foiled circle, foliage and sentiment using different types of adhesives to add dimension in between them.
- Finish the card off by gluing down jewels.
Happy Holidays from Our Home to Yours
The third example was the quicker yet the most fun to make, as I created a one layer foiled card so, let’s get started.
- Line up over a white card panel the house village plates from the Yana’s Glimmer Winter Village.
- Line up 1 or 2 sentiments from the Yana’s Christmas Sentiments.
- Foil the village houses and sentiments with Glimmer Hot Foil Roll – Champagne.
- To add the snow, line up the snow plate included in the set starting from the top to bottom, and get it foil 5X using Glimmer Hot Foil Roll – Prism for a very dimensional look.
Therefore, after the card panel is completely foil:
- Trim the edges off to W 3-7/8 X H 5-1/8 inches.
- To keep a cohesive combination, I adhered the backing of the foiled card panel to a W 4.0 X H 5-1/4 using the same color cardstock that I have been using on the previous examples.
- Finally, mount the card panel to and A2 size top folding white card base.
- Finish the card off, by gluing jewels to complement the shine from the snow.
With that being said, I hope that you’ve enjoyed learning about how, I’ve created these 3 projects featuring the new: Yana’s Christmas Foiled Basics Collection. If you get inspired be sure to tag us in your social medias using the hashtags #Spellbinders #NeverStopMaking and #GlimmerHotFoilSystem when sharing your creations so, we can see what you are creating with these beautiful sets.
Thanks for stopping by we hope to see you soon but most of all, we hope you and your family to stay healthy and safe.