Hi there, this is Annie Williams and I’m so excited to have the opportunity to share a couple of projects using the new Sweet Cardlets Collection by Becca Feeken. The adorable bug and bird images and beautiful sentiments in this collection inspired me to make three loving cards perfect for nature enthusiasts or anyone who needs a smile.
When I saw the beautiful bee image in the Just Bee-cause Glimmer Hot Foil Plate Set, I knew I wanted to create a big hive with a flurry of wings around it. A slimline card was the perfect format to convey that feeling.
- Trim a piece of white cardstock to 3.75” x 8.75”.
- Apply Gold Hot Foil three times across the center of the panel using the Patterned Medium Circle Foil Plate from the Christmas Essentials Glimmer Circle Hot Foil Plate Set and the Glimmer Hot Foil Machine.
- Die cut the center of each circle out using the Nestabilities Standard Large Circle Dies.
- Apply Gold Hot Foil to gold satin cardstock using the Honeycomb Foil Plate from the Just Bee-cause Glimmer Hot Foil Plate Set. Repeat two more times.
- Trim the foiled panels down so that they fit behind the windows of the white panel without overlapping.
- Apply Gold Hot Foil to both black and white cardstock using the Bee Foil Plate from the Just Bee-cause Glimmer Hot Foil Plate Set.
- Die cut the whole bee out of the black cardstock and just the wings out of the white cardstock using the coordinating dies.
- Adhere the wings on top of the bee bodies using foam adhesive.
- Adhere the honeycomb panels to a top-folding white card base measuring 4” x 9” with tape runner.
- Pop the foiled window panel up on top using foam adhesive and then adhere the bees around the windows with more foam adhesive.
- Foil the sentiment onto black cardstock using Gold Hot Foil, cut it out with the Angled Sentiment Die from the Shimmering Merry Christmas Sentiments Glimmer Hot Foil Plate Set, and adhere it to the card front with foam adhesive.
white cardstock, black cardstock, Tonic Studios Gold Pearl Satin Mirror Cardstock, foam adhesive, tape runner
Many of my close friends and family members love ladybugs, so I wanted to make a sweet and simple card inspired by their beautiful colors. A little punch of bright green in the background makes this card perfect for sending a happy hello.
- Apply Black Hot Foil to white cardstock using the Background Pattern from the Lovely Ladybug Glimmer Hot Foil Plate Set and the Glimmer Hot Foil Machine.
- Blend Mowed Lawn and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink over the leaves in the background pattern with sponge daubers, concentrating the green ink in the center of the leaves and the yellow ink toward the outer edges of the leaves.
- Trim off any excess edges from the panel and mat it with a piece of black cardstock measuring 3.25” x 3.25”.
- Foil the lady bug body onto white cardstock and the wings onto red satin cardstock using Black Hot Foil. Die cut each out with the coordinating dies.
- Foil the sentiment from the Heartfelt Sentiments Glimmer Hot Foil Plate Set onto white cardstock using Red Hot Foil. Cut it out with the coordinating die.
- Die cut white cardstock with the Large and Small Square Dies from the Richelieu Square Die Set. Die cut red satin cardstock with the Large Square and Large Square Edge Inlay Die.
- Adhere the large white square beneath and the small white square on top of the red edged square die-cut with tape runner. Mat the stack with black cardstock measuring 4.5” x 4.5” and adhered to a top-folding white card base measuring 4.75” x 4.75” with foam adhesive.
- Adhere the matted background pattern panel to the card front with foam adhesive and pop the ladybug and sentiment up on top to complete the card.
white cardstock, black cardstock, Tonic Studios Scarlet Organza Satin Mirror Cardstock, Mowed Lawn Distress Ink, Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink, sponge daubers, foam adhesive, tape runner
The gorgeous swan images in the Graceful Swan Glimmer Hot Foil Plate Set reminded me of a fairytale, so I wanted to use a soft color palette and iridescent foiled elements to create this magical and sweet card.
- Trim a piece of white cardstock to 3.75” x 5”. Apply Prism Hot Foil to the bottom portion of the panel twice using the Background Pattern from the Graceful Swan Glimmer Hot Foil Plate Set.
- Blend Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers Distress Ink over the foiled area with a blending brush to look like softly rippling water. Blend Tumbled Glass Distress Ink just around the edges of the rest of the panel to give it just a bit of a feel of sky.
- Foil both the solid and outline swan designs using Black Hot Foil onto white cardstock and cut them out with the coordinating die.
- Die cut lavender and blue iridescent mirror cardstock with the Large Picot Petite Rectangle Die and adhere together with tape runner, offsetting just a bit to let the blue layer shine through.
- Foil the sentiment onto lavender cardstock using Prism Hot Foil and die cut it out using the Scallop Edge Banner Die from the More Sentiments Glimmer Hot Foil Plate Set.
- Adhere the Picot Petite Rectangle layer onto a top-folding white card base measuring 4.75” x 6” with foam adhesive.
- Adhere the foiled background panel to the card front using foam adhesive and pop the sentiment and swans up on top to complete the card.
white cardstock, lavender cardstock, Tonic Studios Mariana Mist Iridescent Cardstock, Salty Ocean Distress Ink, Peacock Feathers Distress Ink, Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, blending brushes, foam adhesive, tape runner
I hope you enjoyed this trio of sweet nature-inspired cards and thanks so much for stopping by today. You can find more inspiration over at my blog AnnieBWills.com.