Hello crafty friends! I’m Jean, a papercrafter living in the Pacific Northwest blogging at Right as Rain. There’s nothing quite like a change of seasons, and spring brings a new color palette and images. I am sharing two cards, which combine die-cutting and glimmer foiling, created with the newest addition to the Sunday Drive Collection and the Expressions of Spring Collection. With these products, you can create Easter- and spring-themed cards in any number of styles, from whimsical to elegant. Grab your pastel cardstock and let’s get started!
Hoppy Easter Card
- Die-cut car pieces with the Sunday Drive set from solid cardstock and silver foil and assemble, allowing room for the bunny driver and passengers.
- Die-cut bunnies from Whip Cream cardstock. Glue pieces for adult bunnies, adding an arm to the bunny in the passenger seat. Place bunnies into assembled car.
- Die-cut sentiment flag and license plate sentiment. (There are several combinations possible.)
- Die-cut and adhere greenery and flowers to back of car.
- Glimmer foil additional sentiment from the More Sentiments set in Moondust on Whip Cream cardstock. Cut with die in the Holiday Sentiments Series 2 set.
- Adhere car and sentiment to patterned paper card base. Add enamel dots.
colored cardstock; silver foil; textured white cardstock; patterned paper; enamel dots; adhesive.
Happy Easter Card
What’s spring without an egg? The Forever Spring Eggs die set takes center stage on an Easter card.
- Die-cut detailed egg (center) using the outline die and one of the detailed dies in the Forever Spring Eggs set from Whip Cream cardstock. With the outline die only, cut a solid egg from pink cardstock and glue to back of detailed egg. With the detailed die, cut center floral image from pastel yellow and inlay into frame.
- For additional eggs, glimmer foil the Scattered Flowers Background in Opal on pastel yellow and lavender cardstock. Cut with the outline die in the Forever Spring Eggs.
- Die-cut the Expressions of Spring Sentiments from Whip Cream cardstock. Die-cut twice for extra dimension.
- Glimmer foil the Glimmer Daisy flowers and leaves in Opal on a darker shade of pink cardstock and pastel green cardstock. Foil the medium flower twice and one of the leaves twice. Die-cut with coordinating dies.
- Add elements to card base with dot adhesive and foam adhesive to patterned paper card base. Color note: Although I often use kraft or white cardstock for card bases when working with pastels, the subtleness of the Opal foil showed up best on teal patterned paper.
colored cardstock; patterned paper; adhesive.
Thank you for dropping by the Spellbinders blog today! I hope you’re inspired to craft unique, spring-themed cards with these new products.