Our March 2021 Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month is here! Designed by Becca Feeken from Amazing Paper Grace this “Mini 3D Vignette Floral Mason Jar” die of the month will have you creating gorgeous layered projects in no time! Versatile, elegant, and timeless. This die set features 16 dies.
Enjoy the step by step tutorial below as well as the video tutorial to get you started with this month’s kit. Make sure to show us what you create by tagging #AmazingPaperGraceClubKit & #SpellbindersClubKits on social media! This kit is available on March 1st, 2021, make sure to get yours!
Catch step by step instructions for this project below. Click photos to enlarge:
- Cut out number of dies as shown. Option: for added stability use heavier cardstock for the jars. Use ink blending tool to ink the jars as shown (create ombre effect by starting darker on the bottom and lighten as you go up) and both sides of the 3D Vignette Pieces. Cut and round corners on acetate and glue to back of each jar. Cut the tabs off the front and back mason jar layers. Attach the jar lids to the top of the mason jars; make sure not to place the jar slit opening below the jar or you will not be able to slide flower stems through the lids.
- Eight (8) flowers were cut for this project (use as many or as few as you want); mix up with cream, tonal pink and tonal light purple cardstock. With Copic markers, use a “flicking” motion with the brush tip end to create the various striations; repeat again if a darker color is desired. This creates a beautiful gradation and depth of color with both the cream and colored cardstock. Layer flowers together with foam adhesive.
- Glue 2 stems together for a stronger flower. Die cut and emboss as many leaves as desired, but be aware that the number of leaves added to the stems may determine how many flowers will fit through the mason jar openings.
- Place flowers on the stems using both ends of the stems so that some flowers bend left, others to the right. Slide flowers through the jar lids and adhere to the neck area of the jars at various heights.
TIP: as you build each layer, put them on top of one another to help determine placement of the flowers so they are at various heights and placement.
- Fold 3D Vignette pieces on perforations and attach red line adhesive to the folded tabs. Attach one side of Vignette piece to back layer of mason jar; you will see it matches up with the shape of the jar. Place 3 interior mason jar layers into slots. Repeat with other side. Add front mason jar layer last.
- Stamp sentiment or die cut of choice on tag and add to jar with twine or ribbon. Flourishes are included to add as decorative elements.
- Options: Create a shaker card or use other shapes and dies to make into other fun flowers or to “fill” the mason jar!
March 2021 APG Die of the Month – Video Tutorial
Watch the video tutorial using this month kit below or on Youtube.
Here’s a closer look at the other projects created using March 2021 Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month:
For those who want to join multiple clubs to bundle and save, we offer Value Clubs and VIP Value Clubs. VIP Value Clubs offer members the most value and savings + members will periodically get BONUS Deals and Gifts. See all Value Club options here.