Hello crafty friends! It’s Jean here sharing three cards created with the Spellbinders Embossing Folders Collection, which features four versatile and timeless patterns. Dry-embossing is a terrific and easy way to add textural interest to your papercrafting creation. Additionally, the embossing folder’s pattern can reinforce the card’s theme. Let’s take a look!
Combine two dry-embossed patterns: This wedding card combines a background, dry-embossed with the Scallops folder, and an oval, dry-embossed with the Heart and Soul folder to showcase the wedding dress.
- Dry-emboss A2-size gray cardstock panel with Scallops embossing folder.
- Cut large oval from light coral cardstock with Essential Ovals set using outline and detail dies. Cut large oval from white cardstock to back oval. Add to card base.
- Cut medium-sized oval from coral cardstock with Essential Ovals Dry-emboss with Heart and Soul embossing folder. Add to card base.
- Die-cut wedding dress with Wedding Dress & Tux and Mr & Mrs Wedding Cake (bow) die sets from white shimmer cardstock; assemble with glue.
- Glimmer foil Glimmering Wedding Wishes sentiment in Gold on white cardstock. Cut with die in the Holiday Sentiments Series 2
- Add wedding dress and sentiment to card front with foam adhesive.
- Embellish card with flowers cut from white cardstock and gold foil using dies in the Trucking Through the Seasons and Hoppy Sunday Drive die sets.
Solid cardstock: light coral, coral, white, white shimmer, gray; gold foil; foam adhesive.
- Cut A2-size tan cardstock in center with rectangle die from the A-2 Matting Basics A Card Creator
- Dry emboss with Plaid Company embossing folder.
- Glimmer foil More Sentiments sentiment in Silver on white cardstock.
- Adhere sentiment panel to back of embossed tan panel. Add assembly to card base.
- Die-cut Toolbox tools from silver foil and red cardstock; trim red pieces for handles and assemble.
- With Essential Circles 2-inch and 1-inch dies, die-cut black cardstock to create frame. Repeat.
- Dry-emboss “tire” frames with Sun Rays embossing folder. Back with 2-inch yellow cardstock circle.
- Adhere tools to the frames and assemblies to card base.
Solid cardstock: yellow, black, red, white; silver foil.
Dry-emboss geometric shapes: This congratulations/encouragement card showcases a pieced background dry-embossed with the Plaid Company embossing folder.
- With Essential Squares, die-cut 1-inch squares from colored cardstock.
- Tape squares together on back and trim to A2-size (on the diagonal).
- Dry emboss panel with Plaid Company embossing folder.
- Glimmer sentiment from Mini Everyday Sentiments on white cardstock in Gold. Cut with set’s banner die.
- Cut “YAY” sentiment with letters in the Alphabet die set from gold foil and white cardstock (for extra dimension). Glue together.
- Add sentiments to card base.
solid cardstock; gold foil; tape
Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you’re inspired to start crafting with the Embossing Folders Collection to add texture and complement your creation’s theme.