Hello! I am Jennifer Kotas from Who Stole My Glitter. I am so happy to be on The Spellbinders Blog today. I have got two cards to share with you using the Trim a Tree Collection. The stencil in this collection was where my projects began, and they grew from there. It was quite an enjoyable process and led me to create one traditional card and one more modern card.
Before I started designing either card, I stenciled a bunch of trees. I tried different color combinations including ombre and rainbow trees. There are so many ways to make these trees. You could die cut the layers from coordinating colors of cardstock or you could stencil on modeling paste and add glitter for the second layer. You could even dry emboss the second layer.
- Blend blue ink on a 4 ¼” x 5 ½” piece of white cardstock.
- Stencil the snowflakes over the blended panel with modeling paste and sprinkle on clear glitter. Set aside to dry.
- Stencil both layers of the tree with the same green ink, applying it heavier for the top layer. Also stencil the star.
- Die cut the tree and star. Emboss the star with the detail die.
- Hot foil the Shining Christmas Tree over the stenciled tree with Prism Hot Foil Roll.
- Hot foil “Merry Christmas” on white cardstock and die cut.
- Adhere snowflake panel to an A2 card base with foam tape. Adhere the tree and star to the card with foam tape. Add the sentiment over the foiled sentiment on tree.
- Add a clear drop to center of star with liquid glue.
- Run a line of glossy accents at bottom of tree and sprinkle on mica flakes.
- Stencil the tree in rainbow order with the first layer then use the same ink to stencil on the second layer.
- Hot foil the Shining Christmas Tree on vellum and the star and “Merry “Christmas” sentiment on white cardstock with Aura Hot Foil Roll.
- On a piece of white cardstock cut to 3” x 6 ¼”, hot foil the July 2021 Glimmer Hot Foil Kit of the Month with Aura Hot Foil Roll.
- Hot foil the “wishing you” sentiment directly on the white panel with Aura Hot Foil Roll.
- Use tiny drops of liquid glue to adhere the vellum tree over the rainbow tree.
- Adhere “Merry Christmas,” the tree and star with foam tape. Add panel to card base cut to 6 ½” x 6 ¼” scored and folded at 3 ¼” with foam tape.
- Add a clear drop to middle of star and clear heart drop on tree with liquid glue.
Bristol Smooth Paper; Neenah Solar White Cardstock; Vellum; Tim Holtz Distress Mica Flakes; Glossy Accents; Bearly Arts Precision Glue; Scrapbook Adhesives Thin Foam Squares; Foam Tape; Tim Holtz Distress Glitter; Sunny Studio Clear Drops Mix; Sunny Studio Heart Droplet Mix; Concord and 9th Dye Inks