Hello crafty friends! It’s Jean here sharing three slimline holiday cards created with the Slimline Holiday Collection. This versatile collection of slimline die sets and embossing folders can be used to create distinctive projects for any number of occasions, including Christmas. Let’s take a look!
Did you know? The word kaleidoscope is derived from Greek and translates to “observation of beautiful forms.”
I’ve created a Christmas card in which I cut kaleidoscope layers from foil and glitter cardstock to add color and texture.
- Cut Circle Kaleidoscope frame from Snowdrift cardstock; back with red foil cardstock. Adhere to 8 ½” x 3 ½” Brushed Gold cardstock base.
- Die cut three sets of kaleidoscope ornament layers from Snowdrift cardstock (top layer), red glitter cardstock (middle layer), and gold foil cardstock (bottom layer). With the 2″ circle die, cut three circles from green glitter cardstock. Die-cut three ornament tops from gold foil. Assemble ornaments and add to card base.
- Glimmer foil Shining Christmas Tree sentiment in Red foil on Snowdrift Cut with coordinating die and add to center of middle ornament.
Red glitter cardstock, green glitter cardstock, gold foil cardstock, red foil cardstock
Use repetition to put the focus on the intricacy and beauty of the kaleidoscope pattern.
- Use Kaleidoscope Argyle set to cut 13 diamonds from Snowdrift cardstock (top layer), red cardstock (second layer), light green cardstock (third layer), and Snowdrift cardstock (bottom layer).
- Cut 13 diamonds from green cardstock (using one of the diamond layers as a guide).
- Adhere Kaleidoscope Argyle layers with the green cardstock diamond on the back.
- Cut two Kaleidoscope Argyle grids from Snowdrift
- Cut 8 ½” x 3 ½” vellum rectangle. Glue grids together at one end and on to vellum in center.
- Attach Kaleidoscope Argyle assemblies to vellum, trimming away on the top, the bottom, and the sides. A frame will cover uneven edges.
- To create a frame, cut away the center of an 8 ½” x 3 ½” rectangle of Snowdrift cardstock with the rectangular die in the Kaleidoscope Argyle die set.
- Back vellum with 8 ½” x 3 ½” gold foil rectangle. Attach assembly to card base. Add frame to top.
- In Matte Gold, glimmer foil Mini Christmas Sentiment Strips sentiment on green cardstock. Cut with die in set, trim ends, and add to center of assembled card.
Red cardstock, light-green cardstock, green cardstock, gold foil cardstock, vellum
Think beyond a background when considering how to use embossing folders. The ornaments on this card showcase the collection’s Slimline Embossing Folders, used to add texture and visual interest to circle shapes.
- Cut patterned paper rectangle sized 8 ½” x 3 ½” and adhere to slimline card base.
- Brayer Diagonal Stripes Slimline Embossing Folder with white pigment ink and dry-emboss red cardstock. When dry, cut one circle with 2″ circle die.
- Brayer Big Dot Slimline Embossing Folder with white pigment ink and dry-emboss light green cardstock. When dry, cut one circle with 2″ circle die.
- Brayer Striped Slimline Embossing Folder with white pigment ink and dry-emboss green cardstock. When dry, cut two circles with 2″ circle die.
- Glimmer foil Gifts of Christmas sentiment in Silver on red cardstock. Cut with 2″ circle die.
- Use die in Circle Kaleidoscope set to cut five ornament tops from silver foil. Adhere ornament tops to circles. Adhere ornaments to card base.
- Cut snowflakes with dies in Chill Bear set from Snowdrift Add Silver Gems to centers. Adhere snowflakes to card front.
Red cardstock, light-green cardstock, green cardstock, silver foil cardstock, patterned paper, brayer, white pigment ink.
Thank you for dropping by. I hope you are inspired to craft your own holiday creations with the Slimline Holiday Collection dies and embossing folders!