Hi cardmaking friends and welcome back. It’s Sandi MacIver here and today I’m very excited to be sharing projects created with the New Spellbinders Holiday Medley Collection. The Holiday Medley Collection by Becca Feeken is a fabulous selection of die cutting sets perfect for your holiday card making. The intricate dies that Becca is known for, cut beautifully making designing and completing cards a breeze.
So let’s jump into today’s cards, shall we? I have done them all in blue, white and gold as those are my Christmas colors for our tree and I’m just really partial to them, but these cards look great in any color you may choose.
The first card is created with the Mosaic Bracket Card Builder Die set.
- Cut the base die in white and gold. Layer, slightly off and attach to a piece of Silver Fox cardstock cut 4 x 5-1/4.
- Glimmer Hot Foil the top piece onto Lagoon card stock using the cut out die included to create the pretty curve.
- Attach this over the previous die cuts and trim.
- Finally, attach this piece to a top folding A2 sized card base.
Embellishing the card:
- Use the Christmas Blooms Die set to die cut poinsettias in white and branches in mirror gold.
- Attach them to the card front.
- Next, die cut the Happy Holidays Sentiment from Mirror Gold and use the Bearly Art Glue to attach to the top blue section of the card.
- Finally, add some Fashion Gold Embellishments to the center of each flower.
How to create the Slimline Ornament Christmas Card:
- Start by die cutting the Jingle Word Frame ornament three times to create the Christmas balls.
- Borrow the ornament top from the Circle Kaleidoscope Slimline Die Set.
- Next, cut more poinsettias and leaves using the Christmas Blooms Die set.
To create the card base:
- First, cut the Lagoon cardstock to 3-1/2 x 8″
- Next, attach the three ornaments using the Bearly Art Glue.
- Run Gold thread through the hanger and pull to the back of the card front to secure.
- Attach it to the Oatmeal cardstock cut to 3-5/8 x 8-1/8 and then to the white card base i x 8-1/2, scored and folded at 4.
- Finally, attach the flowers and sentiment to the center of each ornament and embellish with the Fashion Gold Embellishments.
For card #3 use the Joy Crescent Card Builder Dies.
- Cut the arched panel twice to create the white overlay on the Lagoon 3-5/8 x 8-1/4.
- The fine tip on the Bearly Art glue is perfect for gluing these pieces down.
- Next, die cut the centerpiece in white and the background for it from Oatmeal Cardstock.
- Cut it again from Mirror Gold and cut out the sentiment and flower to use as the top layer on the center piece.
Embellishing the card:
- Cut out the poinsettia and leaves from white and gold and attach them to the open space on either side of the centerpiece.
- Finally, add Fashion gold Embellishments to the center of the flowers, and the end of each panel.
In closing, when designing, I always have left over so I starting playing with them. I hate to throw them out, LOL. This ornament die fits perfectly on a die cut tag, all ready for your gift giving.
The sentiment is Glimmer Foiled using Yana’s Christmas Sentiments. Also, this fits on an A2 sized card.
There you go. Four project ideas using the new Spellbinders Holiday Medley Collection by Becca Feeken.
Thanks so much for stopping in today, I hope you enjoyed my project shares. You can see more of my cardmaking art over at sandimaciver.com.
Until next time, Happy Crafting