Hi there, this is Annie Williams and I’m so happy to be back on the blog today to share a couple of projects using the new Halloween Collection from Spellbinders. The cute, but spooky designs in this collection inspired me to create two fun cards perfect for sending a Halloween hello.
Although the new Halloween additions to the Open House Collection can really be used on any kind of card, I find it hard to pass up creating another custom doorway! With a just few color changes and these fun new dies, I created an easy mini slimline haunted house card to send to my nephew who loves the spooky holiday.
Open House Hey Boo Card
- Trim a piece of black cardstock to 3.5” x 6”.
- Emboss the panel using the Diamond Netting Embossing Folder. Apply silver gilding wax over top of the raised areas using a finger or blending tool to add texture and shine.
- Adhere the panel to a side-folding 3.5” x 6” white card base with tape runner. Add a small strip of black cardstock to the bottom of the card front for the porch floor.
- Die cut Graphite, Mirror Silver, Silver Fox, Peridot, and Lilac Blossom Cardstock with the Open House Door Base and Open House Halloween Die Sets. Assemble the door, mat, and transom window with liquid glue.
- Die cut Saffron, Persimmon, Lilac Blossom, white, and black cardstock with the Open House Boo Die Set and assemble the pumpkin topiary with liquid glue.
- Adhere the door, mat, and transom window to the card front with liquid glue.
- Pop the pumpkin topiary, ghosts, and skull bat up on top using foam adhesive.
Heavyweight white cardstock, , black cardstock, silver gilding wax, blending tool, tape runner, foam adhesive
Frankenstein Spooky Greetings
Who can resist this hilarious head of Frankenstein? Using old movie posters as my inspiration, I added him in front of a big full moon for a fun Halloween night-inspired card.
- Trim a piece of Cosmic Sky Cardstock to 4.25” x 5.5” and emboss it using the Stargazer Embossing Folder.
- Apply silver gilding wax over the raised areas with a finger or blending tool to bring out the design and add shine.
- Blend Black Soot Distress Ink around the edges with a blending brush for a little spookiness.
- Using the Layering Full Moon Stencil Set, apply Squeezed Lemonade, Dried Marigold, and Carved Pumpkin Distress Ink onto white cardstock. Cut the moon out using the Essential Circles Die Set.
- Die cut Peridot, Mirror Silver, and black cardstock with the Frank’s head die from the Let’s Be Frank Die Set.
- Apply Twisted Citron Distress Ink around the edges of the head die-cut with a sponge dauber to add a little depth. Adhere the skullcap on top with foam adhesive.
- Die cut Mirror Silver Cardstock with the sentiment dies from the Open House Boo Die Set.
- Adhere the embossed panel to a top-folding A2-sized white card base with tape runner.
- Add the sentiment and moon to the card with liquid glue.
- Pop Frankenstein and a little bat (also cut with the Open House Boo Die Set) up on top with foam adhesive.
Heavyweight white cardstock, silver gilding wax, blending tool, Black Soot, Squeezed Lemonade, Dried Marigold, Carved Pumpkin, and Twisted Citron Distress Ink, sponge daubers, blending brush, tape runner, foam adhesive.
I hope you enjoyed this duo of fun Halloween cards and thanks so much for stopping by today. You can find more inspiration over at my blog AnnieBWills.com.