Hi there, this is Annie Williams and I’m excited to be back on the blog today to share a couple of projects using the new Christmas Traditions Collection from Spellbinders. The classic holiday images, gorgeous Glimmer plates, and beautiful sentiments in this collection inspired me to create three colorful cards perfect for sending a little Christmas cheer.
I love anything poinsettia for the holidays so I reached for the Holiday Florals Background Glimmer Plate first to foil a beautiful border for this bold and bright Christmas card.
- Trim a piece of white cardstock to 4” x 5.25”.
- Apply Gold Hot Foil to each corner using the Holiday Florals Background Glimmer Plate and the Glimmer Hot Foil Machine.
- Color the images with Copic markers. For the pine sprigs, flick a light green marker over the foiled needles to add color.
- Trim a piece of Cosmic Sky Cardstock to 4.25” x 5.5”.
- Apply Gold Hot Foil to the center of it using one of the sentiments from the Essential Christmas Greetings Glimmer Plate Set.
- Fussy Cut the center out of the white foiled and colored panel using scissors, leaving a thin white border around the edges of floral frame.
- Adhere the floral frame on top of the blue sentiment panel with foam adhesive.
- Add the card front to a top-folding A2-sized white card base with tape runner.
Heavyweight white cardstock, Copic markers, scissors, tape runner, foam adhesive
I couldn’t wait to color up the beautiful holiday car image in the Vintage Holidays Stamp Set and paired it with a fun die-cut background for this next card.
- Stamp the car image from the Vintage Holidays Stamp Set onto white cardstock with black alcohol-friendly ink.
- Color the image with Copic markers and fussy cut it out with scissors, leaving a thin white border.
- Die cut white cardstock using the Circle Outline and Merry Christmas Insert dies from the Through The Woods Die Set, then cut a backer using just the Circle Outline die.
- Die cut Waterfall Cardstock using the Circle Outline and Snow Insert from the Through The Woods Die Set.
- Die cut Blue Spruce Cardstock using the Circle Outline and Merry Christmas Insert dies and the tree dies from the Through The Woods Die Set. Trim the sentiment off of the circle and adhere it behind the white sentiment circle with liquid glue, allowing a bit of the Blue Spruce Cardstock to peek out as a shadow.
- Add the Snow Background and white circle backer behind the sentiment circle with liquid glue.
- Trim a piece of patterned paper from the Christmas Traditions Paper Pad to 4” x 5.25” and adhere it to a top-folding A2-sized white card base with tape runner.
- Add the sentiment circle to the top half of the card base with liquid glue.
- Pop the trees and car image up on top of the card front with foam adhesive.
White heavyweight cardstock, Hero Arts Intense Black Ink, Copic markers, scissors, tape runner, foam adhesive
The Holiday Florals Glimmer Plate and Die Set gave me the perfect excuse to create another poinsettia card in a different way, so I foiled it in soft colors and added a fun foiled background for this next card.
- Apply Pink and Skybright Hot Foil to white cardstock using the Holiday Florals Glimmer Plate and Die Set and the Glimmer Hot Foil Machine.
- Add a touch of color to the inner areas of the poinsettia and leaves using Kitsch Flamingo and Salvaged Patina Distress Ink and a sponge dauber.
- Cut the images out using the coordinating dies.
- Apply Silver Hot Foil to a piece of Waterfall Cardstock using the Diamonds Background Glimmer Plate. Repeat to cover two-thirds of a panel measuring 4.25” x 5.5”.
- Die cut Mirror Silver Cardstock using the Diamond Die from the set and adhere a silver die-cut into the center of each foiled diamond with liquid glue.
- Trim a piece of white cardstock to 5.5” and die cut the edge about two inches down using one of the Bracket Split Rim Dies from the Mosaic Bracket Card Builder Die Set.
- Stamp a sentiment from the Christmas Time Sentiments Stamp Set onto right side of the white panel with Versamark Ink, add silver embossing powder, and melt with a heat tool.
- Adhere the Waterfall background panel to a top-folding A2-sized white card base with tape runner and then pop the white sentiment panel up on top with foam adhesive.
- Arrange the floral bouquet on the left side of the card and adhere down using liquid glue and foam adhesive for lots of dimension.
- Add Fashion Silver Embellishments to the center of the flower.
White heavyweight cardstock, Kitsch Flamingo and Salvaged Patina Distress Ink, sponge daubers, Versamark Ink, silver embossing powder, heat tool, tape runner, foam adhesive
I hope you enjoyed this trio of easy and classic Christmas cards and thanks so much for stopping by today. You can find more inspiration over at my blog AnnieBWills.com.