Hi there, this is Annie Williams and I’m excited to be back on the blog once again today to share some pretty foiled gift tags made by combining digital cutting files with some of the latest Christmas products from Spellbinders. One of the benefits of using electronic cutting machines in your papercrafting is the ability to cut custom names and phrases to truly personalize a project. However, I still like to use my manual machine to add the texture and shine that really makes the project pop.
I always like to create extra special gift tags for my closest loved ones at Christmas. My Silhouette CAMEO can cut multiple tag shapes and custom names quickly, but my Spellbinders Platinum helps me take these tags to the next level.
- Open up a tag shape file in your software and adjust the size as needed (I used a digital cutting file from this set, but you can find basic tag shapes everywhere).
- Cut the tags out of Waterfall, Poppy Field, and Pink Sand Cardstock using an electronic cutting machine.
- Type the names for your tags out in your software using your desired font and size. Apply a 0.05” offset to each name and move the resulting digital design aside.
- Cut the names out of Mirror Gold Cardstock and the offset out of Snowdrift Cardstock. Adhere the name to the offset with liquid glue.
- Apply Aura Hot Foil to just a portion of each tag shape using the Glimmer Hot Foil Machine.
- I used the Holiday Florals Background Hot Foil Plate on the pink tag, the String Lights Background Hot Foil Plate on the aqua tag, and the Glimmer Gift Border Hot Foil Plate on the red tag.
- Apply Aura Hot Foil to Snowdrift Cardstock using the Mini Christmas Sentiment Strips Foil Plate Set.
- Cut each one out using the coordinating die.
- Die cut Poppy Field and Rainforest Cardstock using the poinsettia and leaf dies from the Christmas Blooms Die Set.
- Die cut Pink Sand and Poppy Field Cardstock using the building dies from the Silent Night Make A Scene Die Set. Trim just roof off of each Poppy Field die-cut to add a contrasting detail to the Pink Sand buildings.
- Die cut Rainforest, Fern, Timber, and Portobello Cardstock using the small tree dies from the Bottle Brush Trees Die Set.
- Adhere the die-cut embellishments together and add them directly to the tags with liquid glue.
- Add a Gold Mix Gem to the center of the flower.
- Adhere the names to the center of each tag and pop a foiled sentiment strip up on the top with foam adhesive.
- Add twine or ribbon to attach the tag to your bags or boxes.
I hope you enjoyed these fun and foiled custom Christmas gift tags and thanks so much for stopping by today. You can find more inspiration over at my blog AnnieBWills.com.
Gold baker’s twine, foam adhesive, Silhouette CAMEO, Gift Tag Set Digital Cutting File