Spellbinders Products Used:
Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko Onyx Black Versafine Ink
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Adhesive Foam Squares
Stampendous Stamp Set Friendship AssortmentOther Supplies (non-partners):Light blue, green cardstock; Polka dot print paper; Black, light brown, medium brown ink.
Instructions for Card:
1.Create 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ card base from whirl white cardstock.
2. Adhere 4″ x 5 1/4″ layer of green cardstock to card front.
3. Adhere 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ layer of light blue cardstock to card front.
4. Adhere 3 5/8″ x 4 7/8″ layer of whirl white cardstock to card front.
5. Stamp sentiment using black ink as shown.
6. Cut circle using die template #3 (with #1 being the smallest die in the set) from light blue cardstock. Adhere as shown.
7. Cut circle using die template #2 from green cardstock. Adhere as shown.
8. Cut circle using die template #1 polka dot pattern paper. Adhere as shown.
9. Cut/emboss birds from whirl white cardstock.
10. Sponge wire using black ink, using scraps of paper to cover birds.
11. Sponge birds using lightest brown ink ink.
13. Sponge birds using darkest brown ink on the edge of the back and head only to finish creating dimension.
14. Adhere birds to card as shown using foam squares.
Even though I accidently sponged a little black ink on one of the bird’s faces, it still looks great. Experiment with the colours of birds to create a whole new chorus line! The polka dot paper I have used here is some Christmas paper scraps I had handy that I really love the colours. Use up what you have by re-imagining and re-purposing your crafting supplies.