Hello Spellbinders’ Fan! Welcome back to our Cardmaking Inspiration series! We hope you’ve been enjoying these mini posts sharing simple cardmaking ideas and step by step instructions on how to make them!
We know how hard it can be to create cards for guys so today we’d like to share a fun & simple masculine card idea using our brand-new Bolts & Nuts dies.
Project created by in-house designer Yana Smakula
Step By Step Instructions:
We have a full set of step by step instructions describing how to create this card.
- Die-cut and emboss bolts and nuts out of white cardstock.
- Blend Distress Oxide inks onto each die cut to create a rusted look and feel.
- Heat emboss each die cut with clear embossing powder to add texture to the die cuts and help ink blended colors pop. It’s okay to miss a few sections when embossing and have uneven embossed coverage.
- Use die cuts to form a letter (this card was created for Denzil, so we used letter D). You can form them into anything else, other letters or shapes or even spell words. Foam mount shapes onto 4 x 5 ¼” black cardstock panel.
- Foam mount panel onto an A2 top folding white card base.
- Fill in the gaps in between die cut shapes with liquid enamel drops.
- Heat emboss “Stay Awesome” sentiment in white embossing powder onto black cardstock strip. Foam mount onto the card.
- S2-288 Bolts & Nuts
- PL-001 Platinum Die Cutting And Embossing Machine – 8.5″ Platform
- T-001 Tool ‘N One
White cardstock (Neenah 110 LB); Black cardstock (Simon Says Stamp); Clear Stamp (My Favorite Things Essential Sentiments); Hero Arts White Embossing Powder; Clear Embossing Powder; Versamark Ink; Heat Tool; Distress Oxide Inks: Cracked Pistachio, Faded Jeans, Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo, Iced Spruce; Black Foam Tape; Nuvo Dark Walnut Drops.
Thank you for joining us today, friends! We hope you like this project and will give this idea a try! If you do, please share your project photos on social media and tag us so we can see!
Have fun die-cutting!