Decorate a sweet mini gift bag with new SapphireÂ® Basics Set A! A canvas tag and flowers add unique texture and interest in contrast with patterned papers. Celebrate someone special with a gift in this cute bag!
Spellbinders Products Used:
PHS-502 SpellbindersÂ® Basics Set A Exclusively at Jo-Ann’s!
SpellbindersÂ® Sapphireâ¢ Machine Exclusively at Jo-Ann’s!
Cross Promotional Products: (please include manufacturer, collection, product line/color and product type)
Beacon Adhesivesâ¢, Inc. : 3-in-1 Craft Glue
Canvas Corpâ¢ : Natural Canvas, Mini Clothespins
Faber CastellÂ® : Gesso
Imagine CraftsÂ®/TsukinekoÂ® : VersaMagicâ¢ Pixie Dust, Mango; Versafineâ¢ Onyx
KaiserCraft : Kaleidoscope Collection â Collage, Impasto
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3LÂ® : Crafty Power Taper, 3D Foam Squares (Â½Êº White), Thin 3D
Foam Squares (Â¼Êº White), Adhesive Sheet
Want2Scrap : White Pearls
WorldWinÂ® Papers ColormatesÂ® Smooth : Mocha, White
Other Supplies: Seam Binding, Light Chipboard, Greeting Stamp
1. Make gift bag from 7 x 11 cardstock. Score 1¾ along each long side. Score 4½ from each short end. Form diagonal fold so that sides tuck inside bag. Fasten sides inside bag at top edges.Finished bag is 3½ x 4½ x 2.
2. Cut 2 – 2¾ x 3½ pieces pattern paper. Rub Pixie Dust ink randomly over each piece. Fray edges and fasten to bag front and back.
3. Apply Adhesive Sheet to piece of light chipboard. Cut tag from chipboard with adhesive side up.
4. Cut/emboss PHS-502 Basics Set A tag with oval nested inside from canvas that has been painted with gesso. Use low tack tape to hold dies in alignment. Pass through Sapphire machine several times to cut canvas completely. Rub Pixie Dust ink lightly over canvas. Fasten canvas tag to chipboard tag.
5. Apply pattern paper to chipboard with adhesive. Cut/emboss oval. Apply Pixie Dust ink to edges. Fasten in center of tag.
6. Stamp greeting with Versafine Onyx Black ink on white cardstock. Trim paper. Fasten to tag with Thin 3D Foam Squares that have been cut in half.
7. Cut/emboss PHS-502 Basics Set A picot edge circle from white card stock. Cut in half. Fasten to back of tag with adhesive.
8. Apply strip of Crafty Power Tape to back of tag near each loop. Apply 3D Foam Squares to center of tag only. Fasten to bag front. Lift tag end and remove backing on Crafty Power Tape. Fold ends of 2 pieces of seam back and push into loop, pressing against adhesive to secure and leaving ends stick out. Wrap seam binding to back of bag front and around to other tag loop. Tuck into loop securing as before. Trim seam binding ends.
9. Cut 3 flowers from canvas coated with gesso. Pass through Sapphire machine several times to cut canvas completely. Apply Pixie Dust ink and add Mango along edges. Fasten pearl to center. Shape petals up around pearl. Fasten to tag with 3-in-1 craft glue.
10. Fasten pattern paper to chipboard using Adhesive Sheet. Cut/emboss butterfly. Apply Pixie Dust ink to edges. Shape wings. Add pearls. Fasten to tag with craft glue.
11. Fold 1¼ x 2 ½ piece of white cardstock in half. Place PHS-502 Basics Set A #2 square (#1 is smallest) on cardstock so fold edge is next to cutting edge. Hold die in place with low tack tape. Cut to make tiny card.
12. Apply Adhesive Sheet to small piece of white card stock. Cut/emboss flower from it, adhesive side down. Fasten flower to tiny card
13. Apply Pixie Dust ink to one small clothespin and Mango ink to another one. Tie piece of seam binding to one clothespin. Clip small card to bag top with clothespins.
Add a gift and give to someone special!
Thank you so much for visiting!