Using a combination of products from the Seth Apter Collection, Designer Debi Adams created this ulta cool altered lamp shade! Do you have a lamp shade that needs a new look? Give this a try! Scroll down to see how Debi created this project in her process video!
Black Cardstock; Black Thin Cording; Small piece of Bubble Wrap; Fiber Paste; Gold Paint Pen; Copper Metallic Foil; Modge Podge; Old Sheet Music; Book Pages; Various Paint Brushes; Acrylic Paints; Black Poly Foam; Stencils; Vintage Key; Water Mister
1. Mist water onto lampshade and then add various colors of paints to shade.
2. After paint has dried, attach torn pages from sheet music and books using Modge Podge. With watered-down paints and using a brush, swipe over torn pages with various paint colors and dry. Transfer bubble wrap images to shade with paint. Add fiber paste sentiments using Seth’s Stencil Girl stencils and allow to dry.
3. Die-cut Coffee Ring from poly foam and embellish with gold paint.
4. Apply map to poly foam. Die-cut Drip Drop from map/foam. Apply touches of gold with gold pen.
5. Die-cut Ring Around from black cardstock and copper gold metal foil. Embellish paper with Seth’s stencil using a blending tool and gold paint. Add a touch of gold to metal piece.
6. Attach all die-cut pieces to lampshade using adhesive and/or pop-dots.
7. Fold metal pieces over top and bottom of shade and adhere in place.
8. Attach Black cording around shade and secure with a knot. Attach vintage key.
Check out the process video that Debi shares with us: