Holiday dies, or whichever die you wish that fits your theme. We embellished a kitchen towel, but this would also work great with tea towels, napkins, even potholders! Get creative with it and make it your own!
Cotton Towel, Iron-On Fabric Adhesive, Red Seed Beads, Sewing machine and thread, masking tape
- Apply iron-on adhesive to canvas material.
- Die cut Joy Strip die from canvas material, be sure to use our Metal Shim plate to ensure die cuts through material smoothly.
- Apply masking tape around holly leaves, then sponge Pistachio or green colored ink through die.
- Remove masking tape from around holly leaves, and cover holly leaves with masking tape, sponge Rhubarb or red colored ink through die to stencil “Joy.”
- Trim canvas around Joy sentiment as desired. We removed the two bars above and below the sentiment.
- Apply to towel by ironing to activate adhesive backing.
- Embellish with 3 small seed beads to create holly berries.
And you’re done!
This embellished towel works great for home decor or as part of a sweet treat gift basket! What other projects would this technique work great with? Comment below and let us know!