Designer Terre Fry turned a plain journal book into something spectacular! With embossed metal and a beautiful focal piece, you can’t go wrong with this project. Make one as a gift or maybe keep it for yourself!
- GL2-002S Crowned Medallion – Silver
- GLF-001 Foil Pack
- GLT-002 Vintage Damask
- GC-200 Grand Calibur™ Die Cutting and Machine
Wire Cutters; Wax Paper; Black Journal; White Paint; Gesso; Sand Paper
- Cover the front and back of the journal with Gesso and dry completely.
- Blend Rich Cocoa ink into the front and back covers of the journal to create a soft brown tone and to highlight the texture.
- Emboss Foil Pack Bronze Foil with Vintage Damask Texture Plate, using the Grand Calibur® Machine. TIP: Put a piece of wax paper over the texture plate before you put the bronze foil on the texture plate. This will help release the foil from the texture plate.
- Sand the embossed bronze foil to show some of the silver core.
- Using Beacon 527 glue, adhere Antiqued Rhinestone Chain around the outer edge of the bronze foil and dry completely.
- Cover the Crowned Medallion with white paint. When dried, sand the front until some of the rose gold color shows through to achieve an aged, distressed look.
- Embellish the Crowned Medallion using the Antiqued Rhinestone Chain as shown in project photo.