Hi it’s Christina here with an easy card for you to make when time is short. This card simply used some dramatic patterned papers with gold ribbon and some black pearls for that WOW! factor. Add a sentiment and you’re ready to give away for that forgotten birthday or anniversary.
- PH5-503 Spellbinders Sapphire Basic Set B
- S5-131 A2 Matting Basic A
- S5-132 A2 Matting Basics B
- Spellbinders Sapphire Die Cutting and Embossing Machine
Cross Promotional Partner Products:
- My Minds Eye: Fancy That Collection
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®: 3D Foam Squares and E-Z Runner® Permanent Strips
- Want2Scrap©: Black Faceted Rhinestones
Gold and Black Cardstock; Gold Embossing Powder; Watermark Ink; Washi Tape (to secure dies); Gold Ribbon
- Create your A2 size (4¼ x 5½”) card base with black cardstock. Cut/emboss A2 Matting Basics B Die #7 (the smallest size is #1) with gold cardstock to create a mat. Cut/emboss A2 Matting Basics A Die #7 with patterned paper to create another layer. Adhere the layers together.
- Cut/emboss Sapphire Basic Set B Fancy Edged Label Die and Tag Die from gold cardstock. Thread gold ribbon through the tag ends.
- On black cardstock, stamp sentiment with watermark ink, sprinkle gold embossing powder over it and heat emboss. Place Basic Set B Tag Die over the sentiment, secure with washi tape and cut/emboss with the Sapphire Machine. Trim off the loops of this die cut and add on top of the gold tag with 3D Foam Squares to give height
- Layer the Fancy Label die cut onto the card front with 3D Foam Squares. Add the tag and sentiment on top tucking the ribbon around the back of card panel and adhere in place.
- Add all the layers to the base card. Hide the ends of the ribbon under the layers.
I hope you enjoy this little tutorial and for more inspiration please visit my blog at
Flowers, Ribbons and Pearls