One of my New Years resolutions for 2015 is to keep a gratitude journal, a reminder to myself of all the day to day blessings in my life that I often take for granted. This is the journal I created using Card Creator Enchanted Labels Twenty-Eight with Labels Twenty-Eight. A perfect fit for this 5 x 7″ journal! Can you believe this is a dollar store journal? Check out the directions below.
- S6-003 Enchanted Labels 28
- S5-127 Labels Twenty-Eight
- Spellbinders® Grand Calibur® Die Cutting and Embossing Machine
Cross Promotional Partner Products:
- Blue Moon Beads®: Silver Metal Bead, Seed Beads
- DCWV®: Solid Flocked Stack, Limoncello Stack
- Deco ArtÂ®: Metallic Lustre™ Brilliant Turquoise, Americana™ Satin Black Tie
- IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko® : Versafine Black Onyx Ink
- SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L®: Crafty Power Tape, Adhesive Sheet, Glue Dodz™ Small, Thin 3D Foam Squares Â¼Êº
- WorldWin Papers®: ColorMates® Smooth & Silky Cardstock Black, Grey
- Xyron®: 5â Creative Station™ with Permanent Adhesive
Blank Journal, Craft Glue, Clear Embossing Powder, Stamp, Black and Silver Cords, Tiny Paper Fasteners, White seam binding
- Paint journal with Americana Satin Black Tie paint
- Apply Adhesive Sheet to black card stock. Use this for cutting all black card stock pieces.
- Cut/emboss Enchanted Labels 28 #3 with Labels 28 #6 (#1 is smallest die) nested together from black card stock using Grand Calibur machine.
- Cut/emboss Enchanted Labels 28 #2 from black card stock. Remove die. Nest Labels 28 #1,2,3 and hold together with low tack tape. Place at center and tape in place. Cut with Grand Calibur machine.
- Remove Labels 28 pieces. Emboss through Grand Calibur machine.
- Cut/emboss Enchanted Labels 28 #1 from black card stock.Discard. Keep paper from which die was cut. Align smallest Labels 28 piece over die cut opening. Fasten with Crafty Power Tape. Trim edges that extend beyond Labels 28.
- Rub Metallic Lustre™ Brilliant Turquoise over all pieces. Lightly rub sanding block over edges and embossed areas. Buff with crumpled paper towel.
- Insert tiny paper fasteners into pieces. Trim fastener ends if needed.
- Apply Adhesive Sheet to back of Flocked Stack black paper. Place Labels 28 #6 diagonally across paper to fit and cut with Grand Calibur machine.
- Remove Adhesive Sheet backing from largest Enchanted Labels piece. Add craft glue to corners for added adhesion to book. Place on book and press firmly in place. Adhere flocked paper Labels 28 in center and press firmly in place
- Remove Adhesive Sheet backing from Enchanted Labels #2 piece Apply dots of craft glue to corners and edges. Fasten over flocked paper.
- Remove Adhesive Sheet backing on Labels 28 #2-3 piece. Fasten in center
- Stamp Gratitude on a strip of grey card stock with Versafine Black Onyx ink. Heat emboss with clear embossing powder. Sponge on ink over word and along edges. Trim to fit small Labels 28 piece and fasten in back. Apply Thin 3D Foam Squares to back of word strip. Fasten to book with Crafty Power Tape and craft glue.
- Randomly rub Versafine Black Onyx ink over seam binding. Mist well with water. Crumple and roll in hands to distribute ink. Randomly rub Metallic Lustre Brilliant Turquoise over seam binding. Mist again, crumple and roll in hand. Repeat to desired color. Use heat to dry.
- Fold seam binding, silver and black cords in half. Apply 3-4 Small Glue Dodz around fold. Open book and stand on work surface. Use scissors tip or needle tool to poke folded cords/seam binding between book cover and spine. Press firmly against book to secure. Add beads to ends and trim.
- Cut decorative paper to fit inside book covers. Apply Xyron permanent adhesive to papers. Fasten inside front and back covers.
Painting journal is optional. This journal cover was shiny black. I preferred a satin finish.
To dress up the journal more, apply black or silver marker on page edges.