This card was so fun to make! There are endless ways to decorate for any occasion in your family calendar. In this Gift of Happiness set, there are candles, hearts, stars and little bits – all you need for a celebration! I chose a cool palette of aqua, purple, lime green and gold. Using garland die cuts from the Happy Birthday Garland set as accents, it’s all decked out just like a birthday party. Card measures 4½ x 5½”.
- S2-187 Happy Birthday Garland
- S7-203 Gift of Happiness
- SCP-013 Whirl White Cardstock
- T-001 Tool ‘n One™
- GC-200 Grand Calibur® Die Cutting and Embossing Machine
Cross Promotional Partner Products:
- SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L®: E-Z Runner® Permanent Strips
Light Aqua, Dark Aqua, Purple and Gold Cardstock; Sequins; Glitter Glue (Stickles); Liquid Glue; Scissors; Paper Trimmer.
- Cut one Gift of Happiness Card Base Die in white cardstock, using the Grand Calibur Machine. Fold on the scored lines as shown below and set aside.
- Cut/emboss one Gift of Happiness Rectangle Die in white cardstock and mat it with the dark teal cardstock. Cut/emboss two each of Happy Birthday Garland Garland Die in light teal and dark teal cardstock. Cut/emboss from the Gift of Happiness set all in yellow cardstock: 3 Candles Die, 3 Star #3 Die (smallest die size is #1), 2 Star #2 Die and 3 Star #1 Die as shown below. Set aside.
- For the candles, cut/emboss the two Gift of Happiness Striped Candle Dies (overlays) at the same time with the colors shown. Use your Tool ‘n One to gently pop out the first layer to show the color underneath. Glue the top onto the second layer and then glue them to the yellow Candle die cuts. Set aside.
- To assemble your card by first adhering the white matted rectangle onto the left side panel. Then adhere the 3 layered candle die cuts and the stars as shown below. At the bottom, adhere the larger stars on either side and place the sentiment. Dot the sentiment with a small star die cut on the letter i. Add sequins at the base of candles.
- For the right side arrange the light teal garland on the fold and trim to fit. Repeat with the dark teal garland and adhere. Adhere the stars as shown.
- To finish your card, add Diamond Stickles on the candles, garland and anywhere else you would like to sparkle it up.
Designers Tip: You can also add layers of the other pieces of the die set onto the sides or add stars sticking up with tooth picks.
Have fun and enjoy!