Hi everyone! Loretta here to share with you a lovely and feminine card using our Heirloom Legacy and Elegant Ovals die templates. These die templates layer beautifully and easily to create an heirloom quality card that the giver will find hard to give away and the receiver will know immediately how very special they are.
- S4-110 Classic Ovals LG
- S4-112 Classic Ovals SM
- S4-425 Elegant Ovals
- S6-010 5 x 7 Heirloom Legacy
- Spellbinders® Grand Calibur® Die Cutting and Embossing Machine
Cross Promotional Partner Products:
- Beacon Adhesives, Inc.: Fabr-Tac Permanent Adhesive
- Cosmo Cricket: Ever After Collection (Something True Patterned Paper)
- IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko®: VersaFine Ink (Onyx Black)
- Our Daily Bread Designs©: Scripture Collection 3
- SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L®: 3D Foam Squares
Ivory Cardstock; Silver Pen; Ivory Ribbon; Ivory Flocked Ribbon
- Cut one ivory cardstock rectangle of each measurement: 5 x 7″ and 5 x 7½”. Score the 5 x 7½” rectangle across the 5″ width of the paper at ½” down the long side to create a flap. Adhere 5 x 7″ cardstock to flap to create a 5 x 7″ finished card base.
- Cut and emboss the following from ivory cardstock: 5 x 7 Heirloom Legacy Frame Die and Elegant Ovals Die #4 & #3 (the smallest die size is Die #1), using the Grand Calibur Machine. Stamp the sentiment first on ivory cardstock before cutting and embossing with Classic Ovals SM Die #5. It is easier to center the stamped sentiment.
- Cut the following with patterned paper: 4 x 6″ rectangle, 5 x 7 Heirloom Legacy Oval Die and Classic Ovals LG Die #5.
- Run the silver pen around the edges of the shapes as shown. The Elegant Ovals and Heirloom Legacy die templates have center points in their beautiful embossed design that makes it very easy to line up both the vertical and horizontal to have perfectly aligned layers every time. This is a favorite (non) feature of mine!
- Assemble layers as shown to make it easier to align the layers using dimensional adhesive foam.
- Assemble the layers, adhere the ribbon, then finish by mounting the layers on the card base.
There are many more lovely examples of layering and other beautiful techniques in Spellbinders Idea Gallery! I invite you to grab a cup of your “go to” beverage, visit and be inspired!
These, and many more stunning and detailed die templates, are available for order in Spellbinders Online Store open 24/7!
Loretta blogs at Love To Create.