This intricate birthday card uses Labels Forty set as its focal point. Christina simply layered it with Labels Forty Decorative Elements to create an elegant design that a special friend would love to have and keep! She shows us how to make this card with a few simple steps.
- S2-082 Sentiments One
- S4-465 Labels Forty
- S4-467 Labels Forty Decorative Elements
- S6-001 5 x 7 Matting Basics A
- S6-002 5 x 7 Matting Basics B
- EL-031 Diamond Fleur De Lis (retired)
- ES-006 So Trendy
- Grand Raspberry Plate 8.25 x 11.75
- Spellbinders® Grand Calibur® Die Cutting and Embossing Machine
Cross Promotional Partner Products:
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®: 3D Foam Squares and E-Z Runner® Permanent Strips Refillable
- Want2Scrap©: Frilly Flourish
White and Yellow Cardstock; Yellow Ribbon; Score Board; Pearls and Diamant© Centre
1. Let’s start with the card base and its layers. Cut/emboss two pieces of white cardstock with 5 x 7 Matting Basics A Die #7 (the smallest die size is #1) using the Grand Calibur Machine for the base card.
2. Cut/emboss one piece of your chosen color cardstock with 5 x 7 Matting Basics B Die #7.
3. Cut/emboss another piece in white cardstock with 5 x 7 Matting Basics A Die #6. Emboss with Diamond Fleur De Lis M-Bossabiltiesâ¢ Folder (retired so emboss with your favorite folder), using the A Base Plate and Raspberry Spacer Plates through the Grand Calibur Machine.
4. Score and fold about ½” from the top of one of the largest piece (from Step #1) and adhere together with the other to create the card base.
5. Let’s work on the die cut layers…Cut/emboss one each of Labels Forty Dies #6 and #7 in your chosen color.
6. Cut/emboss one each of Labels Forty Decorative Elements Die #3 and #4 in white cardstock. Emboss die cut #3.
7. Layer these together with 3D Foam Squares for dimension.
8. Wrap ribbon around these panels to match your card.
9. Glue the ribbon in place and add it to the card base card.
10. Cut/emboss Sentiments One Happy and Birthday Dies and center them to the panel. For the finishing touch, add bow and its pretty center piece!
Adding in flowers will make this a really feminine card.
I hope my card inspires you to layer your die cuts to create an amazing design that you’ll be proud to give!
Thanks for stopping by and please comment – would love to hear from you.