Hello everyone, This is Yana Smakula and thank you for joining me today!
What do you say to picking some delicious strawberries from the Debi Adams latest Market Fresh collection and turning them into a yummy shaker card?
Instead of using my dies as intended, I decided to play with the negative strawberry die cuts! It’s a fun way to stretch your dies and get more use out of them.
If you’d like to re-create this project, follow these simple steps:
- Use strawberry die from the S4-719 Aren’t You Sweet set and create a negative die cut panel by die-cutting 6 strawberries in a white cardstock panel cut to 3 3/4 x 5 “.
- Adhere a layer of clear acetate from the back of the negative die cut panel.
- “Build” walls with foam adhesive around the strawberry openings to create shaker structure. Fill each opening with beads and sequins and close shaker opening using light gray cardstock.
- Adhere shaker element onto A2 top folding light gray cardstock.
- Die-cut 9 toppers out of green cardstock and adhere onto strawberries. Adhere one onto some and two pieces onto other strawberries.
- Stamp a sweet sentiment and foam mount onto the card.
- Embellish your project using clear droplets.
- S4-719 Shapeabilities Market Fresh By Debi Adams Arent You Sweet Etched Dies
- PE-100 Platinum 6 Die Cutting And Embossing Machine – 6″ Platform
- T-001 Tool ‘N One
White cardstock (Neenah Solar White 120 LB); Gray and Green cardstock; Clear acetate; Clear Stamp (My Favorite Things – Cookie Crumbs); Black Ink; Foam Adhesive (iCraft – 3D Foam Adhesive Squares); Sequins, beads and droplets (Pretty Pink Posh – Small & Medium Clear Droplets; Sparkling Clear Seed Beads; Sweetheart Sequins Mix; 3mm Sparkling Clear Sequins); Glue.
Thank you so much for stopping by today, have fun die cutting!