Today, I have the honor of showcasing one of the newest Spellbinders® dies, Blooming Collection.
This die-template set has a little of everything: a beautiful frame, gorgeous and intricate filigree details and corners and it even has a template you can de-boss.
Due to the beautiful and intricate design, you won’t need much more than some subtile layering and some core die-templates to make a stunning card. For this card all mentioned techniques were used and for an extra twist is the square frame is used diagonally and the filigree curls show to be perfect to curl around the edges of the paper layers. This way it looks like the die-cuts”are “holding”the paper…
This card might be a challenge, but I assure you, when following the instructions, it’s easier than it looks.
- S4-116 Standard Circles Small
- S4-126 Classic Squares Large
- S4-478 Blooming Collection
- GC-200 Spellbinders® Grand Calibur Machine
Preferred Product Partners:
- Anna Griffin®: Perfect Palette cardstock – 12″x12″ cardstock
- Beacon Adhesives: 3-in-1 Advanced Craft glue
- Clearsnap®: Colorbox: Cat’s Eye® Queue®: Rose Petals (used color: Rouge) – inkpads
- IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko®: Stazon® Jet Black inkpad (SZ-31), Timber Brown (SZ-41)
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®: white foam squares (no. 01616), E-Z Runner® Permanent Strips Refillable
- Want2Scrap©:72 count white pearls #2161 – self-adhesive pearls
- WorldWin Papers®: Cut Mates™ diecutable cardstock 12″x12″ (used color: White Flour)
Sanding block, Pink satin ribbon 1″ wide, Scissors, Bone folder, Text stamp
- Trim white cardstock to size 12″x6″ and fold to a card size 6″x6″.
- Trim pink cardstock to size 5¾”x5¾”. Glue upon card base using 3D foam squares.
- Trim patterned paper to size 5½”x5Â½”. Glue upon card using 3D foam squares.
- Trim white cardstock to size 3 ”x3″. Glue onto the centre of the card base sing 3D foam squares.
- Cut/emboss Standard Squares Large #7 (with #1 being the smallest die-template) from pink cardstock. Use a sanding block to alter the embossed part by gently rubbing along the embossed parts. Glue upon cardbase.
- Stamp sentiment upon white cardstock.
- Die-cut the sentiment using Standard Circles Small #5. Glue die-cut to centre of the card base.
- Ink Blooming Collection #circle with pink ink. Die-cut/de-boss from white cardstock. Glue upon card using 3D foam square.
- Cut Blooming Collection #frame from white cardstock.
- Gently fold the die-cut frame diagonal around the white small square layer (curling some of the small filigree parts behind the white square).
- Cut Blooming Collection # coners 4 times from white cardstock. Glue to the card (curling some of the small filigree parts behind the patterend paper).
- Finish the card with self-adhesive pearls and a satin bow.
Thanks so much for stopping by.
I hope you got challenged to try out this card.
Looking forward to your (ever so appreciated) comments.