Using the new Spellbinders Sapphire dies makes it really fun and easy to make cards with. Each of the sets comes with lots of different shapes to mix and match to create fabulous cards with amazing designs. Designer Teresa Horner shares how she achieved the look. Just by layering and using different mediums (such as cardstock and chipboard in this case), you could make them in other colors and sentiments to give as a gift set. This card measures 5 x 6″.
- PHS-503 Basics Set B
- SCP-013 Whirl White
- Spellbinders® Grand Calibur® Die Cutting and Embossing Machine
Cross Promotional Partner Products:
- SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L®: Craft Foam Tape and Crafty Power Tape
- IMAGINE Crafts®/Tsukineko®: VersaFine Ink (Onyx Black)
- Stampendous®: Friendship Assortment Clear Stamps
Patterned Papers; Dark Grey Cardstock; Dark Grey Seam Binding Ribbon; Chipboard
- Cut white cardstock for the base to measure 5 x 6″. Set aside.
- Cut dark grey cardstock to measure 4¾ x 5¾”. Cut aqua patterned paper to measure 4½ x 5½”. Mat with white paper 4 x 5″. Glue together.
- Cut/emboss four large rectangles in the aqua printed paper. Cut the oval fancy die in both white and dark grey paper. Cut/emboss the ornate swirl in white. Also cut/emboss the oval that fits in the fancy die with white paper and chipboard.
- Adhere the four rectangles onto the aqua card base evenly with adhesive tape. To assemble the medallion first stamp the sentiment with black ink on the white oval and glue on the chipboard oval. Glue this to the fancy white die and then thread ribbon under it in a criss cross pattern. Glue on the back dark grey piece and add crafty foam tape. Glue on the swirl at the bottom.
- Adhere the medallion to the center of the card piece and glue to the back of the dark grey base. Adhere this piece to the white card base to finish.
Thank you so much for stopping over and don’t forget to check out all the other amazing sample ideas on the website for these fabulous new Sapphire dies.