Hello Spellbinders’ fans and welcome back for another episode from our brand new Quick Technique series!
Quick Technique is all about sharing simple projects using our products and showcasing fun and fresh techniques! We hope you’ll love this new installment on our blog and will give some (or possibly all?) of these techniques a try!
Project created by Yana Smakula
Blend Peacock Feathers and Tumbled Glass Distress inks onto white cardstock creating an ombre look. Spray with water to activate the ink. Let dry. Die-cut scene making sure the darker blue ink blending is at the bottom. Die-cut stars and birds from the darkest part of the paper.
Looking for a full set of instructions to create this card? See below!
- Create 5 ¼” x 6 ¾” card base.
- Cut red cardstock panel to 4 ⅝” x 6 ⅛”.
- Cut patterned paper to 4 ½” x 6”. Adhere onto the red panel. Foam mount onto the card.
- Blend Peacock Feathers and Tumbled Glass Distress inks onto white cardstock creating an ombre look. Spray with water to activate the ink. Let dry.
- Die-cut scene making sure the darker blue ink blending is at the bottom. Die-cut stars and birds from the darkest part of the paper.
- Foam mount scene onto the card. Foam mount birds and stars.
- White heat emboss a sentiment onto red cardstock panel. Trim one end into a V-shape. Foam mount onto the card.
- S4-822 Deck The Halls Dies
- PL-001 Platinum Die Cutting And Embossing Machine – 8.5″ Platform
- T-001 Tool ‘N One
- T-007 Foam Applicator – Circle For Tool ‘n One
White Cardstock (Neenah Solar White 80 LB); Colored Cardstock (My Colors Cardstock – Scarlet; Patterned Paper (Pinkfresh Studio – Christmas Wishes); Foam Adhesive; Tape Runner; Distress Inks (Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers); Clear Stamp (Penny Black – Yuletide Wishes); Clear Embossing Ink; White Embossing Powder; Heat Gun; Ink Blending Tool; Fun Foam; Water Mister Bottle.
Have you ever tried this technique? Will you give it a try? Let us know in the comments below! And have fun die-cutting!