Hello friends! This is Virginia Lu here! Thank you for joining me today. I have been a fan of Spellbinders in my early card-making days (circa 2009) and I am absolutely honored to be the guest designer for Spellbinders. Let’s get right to the project. It is never too early to start creating Christmas projects now that the Fall is in the air. The latest Christmas Die “Hanging Stockings” will help you get into the creating mood with Christmas projects.
I am sharing the step-by-step instructions in the following:
- Create a colorful background: With Distress Oxide Ink, I blended a mix of green, red and yellow onto a piece of white card stock.
- Droplets of water: apply a few drops of water and quickly wipe off the water. This is the easiest way to create an interesting and organic background.
- Glitter Paper: Die Cut “Hanging Stockings” with the glitter paper. Add an extra piece of white die cut underneath for a subtle dimension and interest.
- Add sentiment “Merry Christmas” from “Santa Parade”.
- Embellish the scene with sequins.
For the background, you certainly can use any color of your choice. A magical night sky or a warm glow (such as this one I create) is perfect for silhouette images like this. You can even mass produce this design for your family Christmas cards!
I hope that you are inspired by today’s post. I will be back in a few days to share more cards from the stunningly-designed “A Sweet Christmas Collection” by Sharyn Sowell. Thank you so much for stopping by!
- S4-937 Hanging Stocking
- S5-373 Santa Parade
- T-001 Tool ‘n One
- PE-100 Platinum 6 Die Cutting and Embossing Machine
Distress Oxide (Cracked Pistachio, Mustard Seed, Feathered Peacock, Abandoned Coral, Candied Apple); DCWV 6×6 Metallics Glitter and Foil Washi Stack; Gold sequins (Lilac Lane); Neenah Card Stock; Bazzill Card Stock (Black).