While I created elegant, quick-to-assemble cards for Christmas, the collection is suitable for occasions beyond the holidays including engagement, wedding, and anniversary. All three cards combine glimmer-foiled sentiments and metallic cardstock die-cuts. Let’s take a look!
- Using the large square die and the trapezoid-shaped outline dies in the Filigree Quartet set, cut frame from Brush Gold cardstock.
- Cut filigree inlay pieces, using the detail die and the outline die, from soft-white cardstock. Repeat process to make four filigree pieces.
- Tape filigree shapes on to square frame.
- Cut Cranberry Bliss cardstock 4 ½” square and adhere to the back of the frame assembly.
- Add assembly to a 5 ¼” square card base of Brush Gold.
- Using plates in the Filigree Glimmer Wreaths set, foil sentiment in Matte Gold on soft-white cardstock.
- Cut sentiment with the small circle die in the Picot Petite Circles set.
- Cut small picot-edged Picot Petite Circles circle from Brush Gold cardstock.
- Adhere picot-edge circle to card base; add sentiment circle with foam adhesive.
Soft-white cardstock; dot adhesive; tape; foam adhesive
The second card takes its color cues – copper and navy – from its patterned paper base. I tried different combinations of the circles before choosing these layers. The fun lies in experimenting with the colors and combinations.
- With the Filigree Glimmer Wreaths set, foil sentiment in Copper on Whip Cream cardstock.
- Cut foiled piece with the small circle die in the Picot Petite Circles set.
- Cut small picot-edged circle from copper foil cardstock.
- Cut medium picot-edged circle from navy cardstock.
- Adhere picot-edged circles to a 4 ½” square card base, covered with patterned paper; add circle sentiment with foam adhesive.
Stampin’ Up patterned paper, copper foil cardstock, navy cardstock; foam adhesive; dot adhesive
On the final card, I chose a white-and-gold patterned paper for the base. To add visual interest without introducing another color, I cut one of the layers from white glitter cardstock.
- With the smallest plate in the Christmas Essential Glimmer Squares set and the snowflake from the Filigree Glimmer Wreaths set, foil sentiment in Gold on Whip Cream cardstock.
- Cut foiled piece with small square die in the Picot Petite Squares set.
- Cut small picot-edged square from glitter cardstock.
- Cut medium picot-edged square from shiny gold cardstock.
- Adhere picot-edged squares to a 4 ½” square card base covered with patterned paper; add sentiment square with foam adhesive.
Colorbok glitter cardstock; Stampin’ Up gold foil cardstock; dot adhesive; foam adhesive.
Thanks for dropping by the blog today. There are many ways in which the sets in the Picot Petite Collection by Becca Feeken can be used together, or separately, to create stunning cards for any number of occasions and holidays.