Hi there, this is Annie Williams and I’m so excited to have the opportunity to share a couple of projects using the new Yana’s Blooming Birthday Collection from Spellbinders. The modern backgrounds, gorgeous florals, and beautiful sentiments inspired me to create three cards in different styles for various occasions.
Foiled Floral Card
The Glimmering Peony Foil Plate is so gorgeous, I had to start with this piece from the collection first. I chose to watercolor a couple of copies of the image for a fresh and elegant excouragement card.
- Apply Gold Hot Foil to watercolor cardstock using the Glimmering Peony Foil Plate and the Glimmer Hot Foil Machine. Repeat to make two copies of the image.
- Color the images with your watercolors of choice and trim the images out with scissors, leaving a thin white border.
- Apply Gold Hot Foil to white cardstock using the sentiment from Blooming Floral Background Foil Plate Set and the heart strip from the Yana’s Tiny Sentiment Foil Plate Set.
- Die cut the sentiment and heart strip out using the coordinating dies (you can easily position the Sentiment Strip Die to cut the heart strip out as long or as short as you’d like).
- Trim a piece of white cardstock to 6.75” x 4.75”.
- Emboss the entire panel using the Love Stripes Embossing Folder. You will need to emboss one end of the cardstock first and then position the embossing folder to continue the design over the bottom portion. A slight overlap line may occur, but we will hide this behind the other card elements later.
- Die cut purple cardstock using the Outer Diamond Die and white cardstock using the Inner Diamond Die from the Diamond Floral Frame Foil Plate Set.
- Adhere the background panel to a side-folding A7-sized white card base with foam adhesive.
- Adhere the water colored images in the top right and lower left corners of the card front with foam adhesive. Trim off any parts of the image that hang over the edge.
- Layer the white diamond on top of the purple diamond with tape runner and pop it up in the center of the card with foam adhesive. Add the sentiment and heart strip to the diamond with more foam adhesive.
Heavyweight white cardstock, Distress Watercolor cardstock, Stampin’ Up Gorgeous Grape cardstock, Peerless Watercolors, waterbrush, tape runner, liquid glue, foam adhesive.
Foiled Friendship Card
The Skinny Stripe Background Foil Plate is so modern and versatile…it’s a staple for any hot foil enthusiast’s stash! I used it as an elegant backdrop for some pretty springtime flowers on this clean and simple friend card.
- Trim a piece of charcoal brown cardstock to 4.125” x 5.375”. Apply Lavender Petal Hot Foil over the entire panel using the Skinny Strip Background Foil Plate and the Glimmer Hot Foil Machine.
- Apply Pewter Hot Foil to white cardstock using the Diamond Plate and floral outline images in the Diamond Floral Frame Foil Plate Set.
- Die cut the foiled diamond out using the Outer Diamond Die.
- Color the floral images in with Copic markers and die cut them out with the coordinating dies in the Diamond Floral Frame Foil Plate Set.
- Apply Lavender Petal Hot Foil to white cardstock using the sentiments from the Yana’s Special Sentiments and Yana’s Tiny Sentiments Foil Plate Sets. Die cut them out with the coordinating dies.
- Adhere the foiled background panel onto a top-folding A2-sized white card base with foam adhesive.
- Pop the diamond up in the center of the card front and adhere the sentiments on top with foam adhesive.
- Arrange the floral and leafy images around the sentiments and adhere down.
White cardstock, Gina K Design’s Charcoal Brown cardstock, Copic markers, liquid glue, foam adhesive.
Foiled Birthday Card
While this collection has a decidedly modern and elegant feel, there’s no reason you can’t create something bright and casual with it too. To demonstrate this, the last card I created is a fun birthday shaker card with tons of color.
- Trim a piece of white cardstock to 5.25” x 4”.
- Apply Mini Rainbow Stripe Hot Foil to the entire panel using the Birthday Candle Background Plate Set and the Glimmer Hot Foil Machine. (You will need to foil the panel twice.)
- Die cut a circle out of the top portion of the foiled panel using the Circle Shape Large Die from the Essential Circles Die Set.
- Apply Mini Rainbow Stripe Hot Foil to a scrap of the same white cardstock using the Birthday Candle Background Plate and die cut a couple of the individual candles out using the coordinating dies.
- Apply Cobalt Blue Hot Foil to white cardstock using one of the sentiments from the Yana’s Special Sentiments Foil Plate Set and cut it out with the coordinating die.
- Apply Gold Hot Foil to navy blue matte mirror cardstock using the mini sentiment from the Yana’s Special Sentiments Foil Plate Set and cut it out using the sentiment strip die from the Yana’s Tiny Sentiments Foil Plate Set.
- Adhere a piece of acetate behind the circular cutout on the foiled background panel using liquid glue. Cover the back of the panel with foam adhesive, ensuring that the area around the circle has no gaps for shaker bits to fall out.
- Adhere a piece of navy blue matte mirror cardstock measuring 5.375” x 4.125” to a side-folding A2-sized white card base with tape runner.
- Place a mix of colored and clear sequins in the top center portion of the card front and press the foiled panel down on top to seal the sequins in.
- Adhere the die-cut candles and sentiment on top of the shaker window and the sentiment strip beneath the window with foam adhesive.
White cardstock, Crafter’s Companion Navy Blue Luxury Cardstock, acetate, clear and colored sequins, Beacon 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue, tape runner, foam adhesive.
I hope you enjoyed this trio of fun and easy cards and thanks so much for stopping by today. You can find more inspiration over at my blog AnnieBWills.com.