Hello crafty friends! I’m Jean, a papercrafter blogging at Right as Rain. I am delighted to be on the Spellbinders blog sharing three whimsical and colorful cards created with the Sweet Street Collection by Tina Smith.
I took my color direction from the collection’s Sweet Sprinkles Embellishments. With this baked goods-themed collection, which includes dies, embellishments, and a stamp set, you can craft unique cards for a variety of occasions. Let’s take a look!
Delicious Day – a store-front of sweets for a birthday or special occasion
- Create card base and background: Heat-emboss Sugar Coated Sentiments sentiment in silver on yellow cardstock panel. Cut with rectangle die. Add to white textured cardstock base.
- Create Sweet Shop window and awning: Cut The Sweet Shoppe window frame and awning top from white textured cardstock. Back window frame with teal cardstock. Cut awning back from pink textured cardstock. Heat-emboss Kitsch Flamingo embossing glaze on Snowdrift Cut two of the awning pieces from the heat-embossed cardstock. Glue awning pieces and window frame pieces. Add awning to window frame assembly. Glue Sweet Sprinkles Embellishments to awning top. Add assembly to sentiment panel.
- Create baked goods: Cut cupcake tops from the pink heat-embossed piece. Heat emboss Broken China embossing glaze, Walnut Stain embossing glaze, yellow embossing powder, and white embossing powder on Snowdrift Cut cupcakes, cakes, and flowers from heat-embossed pieces. Cut cupcake wrappers from tan cardstock.
- Create display pieces: Cut cake dome from Brushed Silver cardstock and cake stands from silver foil.With negative piece, trace dome on vellum and fussy-cut; glue to dome.
- Add cakes, stands, dome, and cupcakes to shelves, embellish with flowers.
Silver, white, and yellow embossing powder, Kitsch Flamingo, Broken China, and Walnut Stain Distress embossing glazes, Distress Embossing Ink Dabber, textured white cardstock, textured pink cardstock, silver foil, vellum, foam adhesive.
Cupcake Thanks – a textured “thank you” card
- Create card base and background: Dry emboss 3″ light teal square with Heart and Soul Embossing Folder. Mat with 4″ square cut from textured white cardstock. Add to 4 ¼” square yellow cardstock base.
- Create cupcake: Heat-emboss Kitsch Flamingo embossing glaze on to Snowdrift Cut Party Cupcake Pocket cake piece from pink heat-embossed cardstock. Cut cupcake top from Snowdrift cardstock twice. Add embossing paste (to resemble icing) and Sweet Sprinkles Embellishments to one of the tops. Allow to dry. Cut cupcake wrapper from tan cardstock. Fold wrapper sides and bottom. Glue cupcake icing top to plain top, adhere to cupcake cake piece and slide into wrapper.
- Stamp Sugar Coated Sentiments sentiment in pink ink on white cardstock and cut with die in the Layer Cake Surprise Tie sentiment to assembled cupcake.
- Add cupcake to card base.
- Embellish: Cut Party Cupcake Pocket flowers, leaves, and flower centers. Glue together and add to card.
Colored cardstock, textured white cardstock, textured pink cardstock, pink ink, embossing paste, Kitsch Flamingo Distress embossing glaze, Distress Embossing Ink Dabber, twine.
Cookie Box Greeting – an imaginative friendship or special occasion card
- Create A2-size card base from patterned paper.
- Create treat box top: Cut Sweet Treat Box from patterned paper using treat box top with the rectangle die in the center to cut window. Back window portion with acetate. Cut scallop detail from white textured cardstock and add to treat box top around the window. Add Snowdrift cardstock back.
- Stamp sentiment: Stamp Sugar Coated Sentiments sentiment in brown ink and cut with tag die in Party Cupcake Pocket
- Create cookies: With The Cookie Corner die set, cut cookies and decorative tops from colored and Snowdrift cardstock; glue pieces together.
- Assemble: Lift treat box flap to add cookies to box. Tie twine around box and tie on tag. Adhere assembly to card base with foam adhesive.
Brown ink, colored cardstock, textured white cardstock, patterned paper, twine; acetate, foam adhesive.
Thanks for dropping by today! I hope you can appreciate the way in which the Sweet Street Collection products coordinate and are now ready to “bake some fun” into your own distinctive cards!