Hi there, this is Annie Williams and I’m excited to be back today to share a couple of projects using the new Liberty Collection from Spellbinders. The fun dies and versatile stencils and stamps in this collection inspired me to create two bright, patriotic cards perfect for sending a summertime thank you.
I love every new addition to the Sunday Drive Series and this adorable liberty set is no exception! I added Uncle Sam and Lady Liberty to a bright stenciled and embossed background for this fun card thanking a service member.
- Trim a piece of white cardstock to 4” x 5.25”. Secure the Sun Burst Stencil on top and blend Festive Berries and Blueprint Sketch Distress Inks onto the panel with a blending brush, alternating colors for each stripe. (I found it easiest to mask off the areas on either side of the stripe I was working on with thin strips of low-tack tape each time.)
- Emboss the panel with the Stargazer Embossing Folder. Sand the panel with a sanding block to remove the ink on top of the embossed stars and turn them white.
- Die cut blue, white, and black silver shimmer cardstock with the Sunday Drive die set. Assemble with liquid glue, but do not attach the windshield.
- Die cut various colors of cardstock with the Liberty Sunday Drive die set and assemble the characters and décor with liquid glue.
- Stamp a sentiment from the Sunday Drive All Occasions stamp set in blue ink onto white cardstock. Cut it out using the Trunk Outline die from the Liberty Sunday Drive die set.
- Adhere the sentiment to the back of the car with liquid glue and then add the characters, décor, and windshield to the car.
- Adhere the background panel to a top-folding A2-sized white card base with foam adhesive.
- Pop the car up in the center of the card front with more foam adhesive.
- Die cut gold cardstock with the stars in the Liberty Sunday Drive die set and add to the card front beneath the car for a trail of golden stars.
Heavyweight white cardstock, various colors of cardstock for diecutting, Versafine Clair Blue Belle Ink, Festive Berries and Blueprint Sketch Distress Inks, blending brush, Post-It tape, sanding block, liquid glue, foam adhesive
The new Color Block Panel die can be used in a ton of different orientations for a fun envelope effect. I used it with patriotic colors and bunches of sweet flowers for pretty summertime thank you card.
- Die cut Poppy Field and Cosmic Sky Cardstock using the Color Block Panel Die.
- Stamp a sentiment from the Sunday Drive All Occasions stamp set onto the blue panel with Versamark Ink, add white embossing powder, and melt with heat tool.
- Adhere the blue panel on top of the red panel with tape runner, allowing the red to peek out a bit on the bottom.
- Trim a piece of white cardstock to 4.25” x 5.5”. Emboss it with the Sun Burst Stencil using an embossing mat in your diecutting machine.
- Die cut Rainforest, Waterfall, Poppy Field, and Snowdrift Cardstocks with the flower and leaf dies from the Mini Sprigs and Blooms die set.
- Adhere the embossed panel to the front of a top-folding A2-sized white card base with tape runner.
- Pop the blue and red envelope panel up on top with foam adhesive.
- Arrange flower clusters in the corners of the card and adhere down with liquid glue.
- Add clear rhinestones to embellish.
Heavyweight white cardstock, Versamark ink, white embossing powder, heat tool, clear rhinestones, tape runner, liquid glue, foam adhesive
I hope you enjoyed this duo of bright and patriotic cards and thanks so much for stopping by today. You can find more inspiration over at my blog AnnieBWills.com.