Hi there, this is Annie Williams and I’m thrilled to be back on the blog today to share a couple of projects using the new Fall Traditions Collection from Spellbinders. The beautiful fall blooms and leaves, cute turkey, and pretty sentiments in this collection inspired me to create three cozy cards perfect for sending your Thanksgiving or autumn thank yous.
Thankful Leaves Card
My favorite part of this collection is the variety of autumn leaves, flowers, and acorns it offers. I combined large and small blooms together in warm colors on this simple and bright thank you card.
- Trim a piece of Alabaster Cardstock to 4.25” x 5.5”.
- Die cut Saffron, Terracotta, Portobello, Fern, and Rainforest Cardstock using all of the different leaf dies in the Autumn Leaves Die Set.
- Arrange the die-cuts all over the Alabaster panel to form a pattern and adhere them down using liquid glue.
- Trim off any overhanging ends with a paper trimmer or a pair of scissors.
- Die cut Alabaster Cardstock using the thankful greeting from the Grateful Sentiment Steps Die Set.
- Center the sentiment within the Oval Shape Large and Pattern dies from the Essential Ovals Die Set and die cut again to form the sentiment panel. Adhere Timber Cardstock behind the sentiment with liquid glue.
- Die cut Mirror Gold Cardstock using the Oval Shape Large Die from the Essential Ovals Die Set and adhere to the back of the sentiment panel with liquid glue.
- Die cut flowers, leaves, and acorns from the same colors of cardstock using the Mini Fall Blooms Die Set.
- Adhere the background panel to a top-folding A2-sized white card base with tape runner.
- Pop the layered sentiment panel up on top using foam adhesive.
- Add the flowers and leaves around the sentiment with a mix of liquid glue and foam adhesive.
- Embellish the flower centers with Gold Mix Gems.
Heavyweight white cardstock, scissors, tape runner, foam adhesive
Happy Thanksgiving Turkey Card
The turkey from the Happy Turkey Day Die Set is so adorable that I didn’t want to embellish this next card too much and draw any of the attention away! Here I added him to a fun golden embossed background and added a pretty sentiment for a cute Thanksgiving card.
- Die cut Portobello, Timber, Persimmon, Poppy Field, Saffron, black, white, and Mirror Gold Cardstock using the Happy Turkey Day Die Set.
- Assemble the turkey with liquid glue, except for the tail.
- I wanted to create a tri-colored tail that alternated colors evenly, so cut each feather apart and assembled them in that pattern first before adding it to the back of the turkey with foam adhesive.
- Trim a piece of Portobello Cardstock to 4.25” x 5.5” and emboss it with the Falling Leaves Embossing Folder.
- Apply gold gilding wax over the embossed panel with a finger or blending tool to bring out the raised areas and add shine.
- Stamp a sentiment from the Charming Pumpkins Stamp Set onto white cardstock with Versamark Ink, add gold embossing powder, and melt with a heat tool. Cut it out using the banner die from the More Sentiments Glimmer Plate Set.
- Add the embossed background to a top-folding A2-sized white card base with tape runner.
- Pop the turkey and sentiment banner up on top of the card front with foam adhesive.
Heavyweight white cardstock, Versamark Ink, gold embossing powder, gold gilding wax, blending tool, tape runner, foam adhesive
Open House Thankful Card
The Open House Collection is so much fun for creating any kind of front porch scene you dream up. For this wide welcoming country doorway, I chose early autumn colors and love how this soft and pretty square card turned out.
- Trim a piece of white cardstock to 5.5” square and emboss it using the Striped Slimline Embossing Folder. (You will have to emboss the panel twice, but any overlap will be masked by the door.)
- Die cut Raindrop, Glacier, bronze, and white cardstock using the Open House Door Base and Open House Door Side Panel Die Sets. Assemble the door and frame with liquid glue, adding the Glacier die-cuts behind the window panels.
- Die cut a wreath and flowers out of mint and peach cardstocks using the Always Welcome Door Base Die Set and add to the front of the door with liquid glue.
- Die cut peach, mint, pink, and bronze cardstock using the Open House Pumpkin Topiary Die Set and assemble with liquid glue.
- Die cut various cardstocks with the banner and mat dies from the Open House Thankful Die Set and assemble with liquid glue.
- Adhere the embossed panel to the front of a top-folding 5.5” square white card base with tape runner. Add a small strip of Silver Fox Cardstock to the bottom of the card front for the porch floor.
- Add the door, mat, and frame to the card front with liquid glue.
- Pop the topiaries and banner up on top using foam adhesive.
- Embellish flower centers with Gold Mix Gems.
White heavyweight cardstock, kraft, mint, peach, and bronze cardstock, tape runner, foam adhesive.
I hope you enjoyed this trio of warm thank you cards and thanks so much for stopping by today. You can find more inspiration over at my blog AnnieBWills.com.