Hi there, this is Annie Williams and I’m excited to be back on the blog today to share a couple of projects using the new Love You More Collection from Spellbinders. The beautiful sentiment and fun new addition to the Open House Series in this collection inspired me to create two sweet cards perfect for sending love at Valentine’s Day or any other time of year.
I’ve created a lot of fun front porch scenes this year thanks to the Open House Collection, and I was so excited to see a love-themed addition. With tons of pink and red, this pretty scene says I love you in a super sweet way!
- Die cut Dahlia, Snowdrift, and Gold Mirror Cardstock using the door, header, and mail slot dies from the Open House Door Base Die Set.
- Die cut Snowdrift, Pink Sand, Dahlia, Portobello, Poppy Field, and Mirror Gold Cardstock with the Open House Valentines Die Set.
- Assemble the door front, mat, and banner using liquid glue.
- Trim a piece of Portobello Cardstock to 4.25” x 5.5” and emboss it with the Scallops Embossing Folder.
- Adhere the embossed panel to a top-folding A2-sized white card base with tape runner.
- Trim a piece of Alabaster Cardstock to 4.25” x 0.625” and adhere it to the bottom of the card front with tape runner to form the porch floor.
- Die cut Snowdrift, Pink Sand, Dahlia, Poppy Field, and Mirror Gold Cardstock with the Open House Topiary Die Set and assemble with liquid glue.
- Adhere the embellished door, door mat, and banner to the card front with liquid glue.
- Pop the topiaries up on either side of the doorway with foam adhesive.
- Add Gold Mix Gems to the flower centers.
Other Supplies: heavyweight white cardstock, tape runner, foam adhesive
The Love You More Die Set creates such a big and beautiful sentiment that I thought it would look great as a focal image on top of a fun background. With a little foiling and stenciling, this bright card will definitely catch the eye of your loved one!
- Trim a piece of white cardstock to 4” x 5.25”.
- Apply Opal Hot Foil to the entire panel using the Scattered Hearts Background Glimmer Plate and the Glimmer Hot Foil System (you will have to foil twice to cover the entire panel).
- Starting in the center and working outward, lightly blend Spun Sugar, Abandoned Coral, and Festive Berries Distress Ink over the foiled panel with a blending brush.
- Place the Sun Burst Stencil on top and blend the same colors over the panel again, deepening the colors in the stenciled areas for a tone-on-tone look.
- Wipe away any excess ink from the foiled areas with a dry cloth or paper towel.
- Die cut Mirror Gold Cardstock once and white cardstock twice using the sentiment dies from the Love You More Die Set.
- Die cut heavyweight vellum using the shadow layer dies from the Love You More Die Set.
- Adhere each gold sentiment layer on top of its vellum shadow layer with liquid glue.
- Adhere the two white sentiment layers underneath the vellum shadow layer (directly underneath the gold die-cuts above) with liquid glue. This allows you to pop an intricate sentiment up without any adhesive showing through the vellum.
- Mat the background panel with Mirror Gold Cardstock and adhere it to a top-folding A2-sized white card base with tape runner.
- Add the sentiment to the center of the card front with liquid glue.
- Embellish with Gold Mix Gems if desired.
Other supplies: heavyweight white cardstock, heavyweight vellum, Spun Sugar, Abandoned Coral, and Festive Berries Distress Ink, blending brushes, tape runner, foam adhesive
I hope you enjoyed this duo of bright love cards and thanks so much for stopping by today. You can find more inspiration over at my blog AnnieBWills.com.