Hi there, this is Annie Williams and I’m thrilled to be back on the blog today to share a couple of projects using the new Layered Fleur Bouquet Slimlines Collection by Becca Feeken. The gorgeous layered florals and ornate background designs in this collection inspired me to create three bright and pretty cards for a variety of occasions.
Gerber Daisies Card
Gerber daisies are my favorite kind of flower, so I had to play with the Layered Daisies Die Set first. I added lots of bright colors and shading to my flowers with markers for this bold slimline card.
- Die-cut white cardstock several times using all of the components of the Layered Daisies Die Set.
- Color the flower layers, leaves, and stems with Copic markers to give them lots of color and a bit of shading.
- Add yellow pollen around the flower center of the full flower die-cuts and assemble all of the flowers with liquid glue.
- Die-cut Waterfall Cardstock twice using the Half Slimline Bracket Die Set and adhere to another piece of Waterfall Cardstock measuring 3.5” x 8.5” with liquid glue.
- Mat the panel with Mirror Silver Cardstock and adhere to a side-folding white card base measuring 4” x 9” with tape runner.
- Die-cut white and Mirror Silver Cardstock using the sentiment die from the Half Slimline Diamond Die Set and adhere the layers together, allowing the silver layer to peek out from behind like a shadow.
- Arrange the flowers, stems, and leaves on the card front and adhere them down with liquid glue and foam adhesive for lots of dimension.
- Add the sentiment beneath the floral bouquet with liquid glue.
- Embellish with a small white organza bow.
Heavyweight white cardstock, white organza ribbon, Copic markers, tape runner, foam adhesive
Layered Tulips Card
The Layered Tulips Die Set creates such gorgeous flowers that I had to try them out next. Here I also trimmed down one of the slimline background designs to fit an A2-sized card for this bright and cheery Mother’s Day card.
- Die-cut Beeswax and Rainforest Cardstock using the Layered Tulips Die Set.
- Apply Ripe Persimmon and Mowed Lawn Distress Ink to some of the layers with a sponge dauber to add shading and assemble with liquid glue.
- Trim a piece of Cosmic Sky Cardstock to 4.25” x 5.5” and emboss it using the Geo Screen Embossing Folder.
- Die-cut white cardstock twice using the Half Slimline Oval Die Set.
- Apply Cobalt Blue Hot Foil to white cardstock using a sentiment from the Happy Parents Day Foil Plate Set and cut it out with the coordinating die.
- Adhere the embossed panel to a top-folding A2-sized white card base with tape runner and add the die-cut border on top with liquid glue. Trim any overhanging ends with scissors.
- Arrange the flowers, leaves, and stems in the center of the card front and adhere down with liquid glue and foam adhesive.
- Add the sentiment at the bottom of the card with more foam adhesive.
White heavyweight cardstock, Ripe Persimmon and Mowed Lawn Distress Ink, sponge daubers, scissors, tape runner, foam adhesive
Layered Cherry Blossoms Card
With the cherry blossoms in full bloom right now in my neck of the woods, I had to recreate them using the Layered Cherry Blossoms Die Set next.
- Die-cut Pink Sand, Fern, and Timber Cardstock using the Layered Cherry Blossom Die Set.
- Add a bit of Picked Raspberry and Rustic Wilderness Distress Inks to the petals and leaves with a sponge dauber and dots of yellow Nuvo Drops to the flower centers.
- Assemble the blooms with liquid glue.
- Die-cut white cardstock using the Sweet Leaf Mini Slimline Die Set.
- Mat the die-cut background with Raindrop Cardstock and adhere to a top-folding white card base measuring 3.5” x 6.5” with tape runner.
- Apply Gold Hot Foil to white cardstock using the Mini Sincere Sentiments Foil Plate Set and cut it out with the coordinating die.
- Arrange the branches, leaves, and flowers on top of the card front and adhere down with liquid glue and foam adhesive.
- Add the sentiment to the top right corner with more foam adhesive.
White heavyweight cardstock, Picked Raspberry and Rustic Wilderness Distress Ink, sponge daubers, Dandelion Yellow Nuvo Drops, tape runner, foam adhesive
I hope you enjoyed these bright floral cards and thanks so much for stopping by today. You can find more inspiration over at my blog AnnieBWills.com.